Hotel is 10 villas with 2 apartments in each villa, one upstairs one downstairs so there are very few guests around. All villas have a balcony with a couple of very comfortable chairs.
Main reception area is where you go for breakfast and dining. Staff are superb, very friendly and helpful, with good English skills.
Room was a good size and quite comfortable, although the bed is quite firm. Bathroom is basic and no sign of the bath that Agoda mentioned. Shower is a bit sad, not much force and lukewarm but enough to get clean. I found the AC unit quite noisy.
Oddly, there's no phone in the room so you'll have to go down to reception to order room service etc.
A lot of other reviews mention how quiet the hotel is, and it generally is, but you should note that there is a club or bar nearby somewhere that plays loud music at night. I only noticed this on the Saturday night though so it could be an occasional thing. Also note that there is a Mosque nearby so Sunday morning will have a bit of noise too.
Hotel location is within 10-15 mins walking distance of Pub street, although note that the hotel is located on an unlit road, so single women / kids may perhaps feel uncomfortable walking alone. There are a couple of great tuk tuk drivers just outside the hotel though and they'll get you to Pub Street for $1 very quickly.
Wifi coverage is patchy. I couldn't get anything in my room, but had a vague connection on the balcony. You'll need to head down to reception for good coverage.
Breakfast is not a buffet, you pick from a list. Very basic but not bad. The main menu for lunch / Dinner is short, but the food was good. All food / drink within the hotel is quite cheap.
One thing I have to say is that the hotel, although nice, is not a 4 star hotel as advertised. I've stayed in other 4/5 star hotels in Siem Reap and they offer bigger pools / more food selections / buffet breakfast etc. I'd put it as a good 3 star.
This hotel is very good and I'd recommend staying here again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Run by a friendly khmer manager who speaks excellent English, Sonalong Village is situated in a quiet area within walking distance of the main shops, restaurants and Old Market area in Siem Reap and just 15 minutes drive from the International Airport and the Ankor Temple complex. Surrounded by beautiful flowery tropical gardens there are 8 double and 8 twin rooms, each with free Wifi, shower, A/C, ceiling fans, mini bar and private balcony. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline, Hotwire, Travelocity, Agoda, Asiatravel.com Holdings, TripOnline SA, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Sonalong Boutique Village & Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sonalong Boutique Village And Resort
- Sonalong Boutique Village Hotel Siem Reap