Home away from home, only better!
We stayed here four years ago, and have been waiting for an opportunity to return ever since. We were not disappointed! What was then a tranquil haven not far off the beaten track has become even better with time. The garden has grown up, so you feel totally private and indulged in your own little corner of this paradise, especially if you get an upstairs room. The showers have been upgraded, and they were really the only thing that needed changing. The beds are firm, but that's a positive for me. Siem Reap has gone crazy over the last four years, and for those of us who are not here to be seen in Pub Street and the over-the-top night markets or battle the constant harassment from would-be masseurs, this place means you can relax and enjoy your time here. It's fun to take the five minute walk into the centre when you feel like it, but lovely to know you can escape as well. You can eat at the hotel if you're feeling too lazy to move far after a day at the temples or working with the locals, as so many visitors to this area are. Some people might want a more varied menu, but everything we ate was excellent, and that matters more to me. Clean, fresh, flavoursome. The pool is divine, and the staff are outstanding. Attentive without ever overdoing it, they learn your name from the moment you arrive and keep a very close, personal but discreet eye out for your well being. This is five star luxury without the price tag and without the pomp and posturing that turns me away from the real five star set. Mr Hak has created something very special here and I hope he never strays from his original vision.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Run by a friendly khmer manager who speaks excellent English, Sonalong Village is situated in a quiet area within walking distance of the main shops, restaurants and Old Market area in Siem Reap and just 15 minutes drive from the International Airport and the Ankor Temple complex. Surrounded by beautiful flowery tropical gardens there are 8 double and 8 twin rooms, each with free Wifi, shower, A/C, ceiling fans, mini bar and private balcony. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Agoda, Hotwire, Hotels.com, Priceline, Cheap Tickets, Cancelon, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your Sonalong Boutique Village & Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sonalong Boutique Village Hotel Siem Reap
- Sonalong Boutique Village And Resort