In the hot & dusty Siem Reap, Sonalong is quiet little oasis. Mr Hak & all his lovely staff are attentive but not intrusive. The pool & grounds are well maintained, rooms are spartan but clean and breakfasts are good. We used tuk tuk drivers Nga & Dorn who Mr Hak called to escort our family of 5 around the temples for the day. They seem to spend a lot of time at the gates of the hotel so were also available when we needed a ride to town.
Yes we could have walked the 10 minutes into Pub Street but $2 for a tuk tuk that seated all 5 of us was much easier in the heat.
Only negative I can think of is that the portable bed provided in our 2nd room for my 3rd child was uncomfortable. The rooms are better suited in size just for a double bed or 2 twins - my fault for travelling with 3 kids I guess!
My room tip would be to ask for upstairs as we seemed to have an elephant staying above us during our visit who thundered around day & night pacing the floor.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Run by a friendly khmer manager who speaks excellent English, Sonalong Village is situated in a quiet area within walking distance of the main shops, restaurants and Old Market area in Siem Reap and just 15 minutes drive from the International Airport and the Ankor Temple complex. Surrounded by beautiful flowery tropical gardens there are 8 double and 8 twin rooms, each with free Wifi, shower, A/C, ceiling fans, mini bar and private balcony. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Agoda, Expedia, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Hotwire, Priceline, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your Sonalong Boutique Village & Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sonalong Boutique Village Hotel Siem Reap
- Sonalong Boutique Village And Resort