Ta Som Guesthouse
$34
$32
Khmer Mansion Boutique Hotel(Siem Reap)
$43
$36
$67
$48
$85
Golden Temple Hotel(Siem Reap)
$51
$163
$226
$181
Agoda.com
All reviewsguest housetuk tukpub streetangkor watphnom penhbudget staydouble roomnational roadnight marketcomfortable place to stayfree pickfree breakfastfloating villagelucky mallcold waterthe room was nicelaundry service
Reviewed January 9, 2014

Please beware...NOT so great 'budget' G/H. OK for short(2 night) stays, any longer then you are ignored! Rms don't get cleaned or linen changed,my friends were there for 10 days,(9 of them in 4 rms during quiet Sept)& had NO linen changes!They had sm things taken from rm & came back to find h/keeping trying on their clothes!Manager,bro of owner,ignored complaints preferring to watch TV rather than work! The owner is FANTASTIC,polite & SOO helpful but is rarely there leaving all things managerial to incompetent brother!Whenever I heard some-one complain(which was A LOT!) about anything he simple told them they were wrong,basically...lying! 1 young timid girl was afraid to tell them,again,her loo was blocked,she came to me for help in dealing with lazy-bro! I had no hot water for 1 wk & told them 3 times but he told me I was wrong & then when owner returned I told him & within a few hrs it was fixed!And got sincere apology.Bro was NOT impressed I'd gone over his head!Maybe bro doesn't care because it's not his $$$/business to loose/screw-up! I had room cleaned 1 x wk but never properly.Very dusty/dirty & noisy as is on main rd.I HAD to stay for few mths but now found a place WITH pool for 1/2 price. Staff are lovely but just don't know how to do a lot of things...barely the basics. New guy on reception,Houl, is BRILLIANT, smart,funny & VERY helpful! Great handy-man too! Bro only acknowledged me(1/2 a smile & hello)a day before rent was due!Found out may others had same reaction from him too. HOW does this place get a 'Best G/H Trip Advisor' merit sticker to flaunt?HOW???They HAD lots of volunteers staying each for 1-6mths but not any more.These are the people that kept Ta Som afloat during long-quiet-low season,as rest of place is empty,due to their(bro's) ineptitude.They will feel the silence in their pockets this year! Bummer for owner & his family& staff.

Room Tip: Best advise...Go to another budget G/H...TONS nearby!Same $$-better results!
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed January 9, 2014

We stayed in Ta Som Guesthouse three nights. Rooms were not that beautiful, but it was clean and big enough for two person. Price included breakfast at hotels restaurant. Breakfast is choosed on the list. Staff was friendly and helpful. Hotel has own booking office at reception. We booked tickets to Cambodian dancing show from hotel and the price was even lower than tickets from the door where show is. The price also included tuktuk drive to the place. Hotel wasnt in the citycenter, but you can easily walk there. Hotel was worth on every penny.

Room Tip: If you want extra space, choose room with three beds.
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 9, 2014

I had made a pick-up arrangement before I came. But as I didn't see my name among those who will pick up passengers, I sit for a while. I asked a helpful Cambodian to call the guest house. and soon, in 20 minutes, a tuk-tuk driver pick me up. The receptionist is polite, help me to carry my luggage and soon come with a fresh drink. Basically, I found most of promised items in my room. My room a bit dark but clean, with hot water, AC and fan. For being budget accommodation, I consider this is a good bargain. The location is good and old market is in walking distance. But you always can ask tuktuk driver to drive you to the old market. The Cambodian Cultural Village is located in the same road, like 10-15 min from the guesthouse by tuk-tuk. The staff responded very fast to our request, e.g. to organize some attractions. I was sick during my staying, and they quickly called a person that can do a massage for me, so that the next day was not disastrous, I became fresh again and can enjoy my next tour in Siem Reap. The breakfast is simple, but is OK. But the WiFi didn't reach my room, so I always need to be in the reception area to get the connection. What I like most is the location that is relatively central, so that I always have an option if I think I need more than the guest house can offer to us. I spent a new year in Siem Reap. The owner arrange a party and invite all guests for a party, food, dance, and drinks. I was quite impressed. In general, I'm quite satisfy with my staying in this guest house. Note that this review is only relevant for those who are in budget travelling.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled solo
Reviewed January 6, 2014 via mobile

About 10 minutes walking to bar street makes it a quite place to stay for me. It has no garden but there's a balcony and public rest area for each floor. Room was big, new and clean,bed and pillow were very comfortable. Stuffs were friendly. I stayed there 6 nights and will definitely stay there if I visit Siem reap again.

Stayed: October 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed December 29, 2013

My partner and I stayed for two nights (26th and 27th December) in a double room. The room was simple but comfortable and came with an en suite. When we arrived we were greeted by friendly staff and a fruit smoothie each, a great refreshment following our 6 hour bus trip. After venturing out for the day we returned to find a small complementary fruit platter and bottled water in our room. Another nice touch. The room also came with cable tv and air conditioning, although we didnt use these features.
Breakfast was included in the price of the rooms, although food options were limited to egg, bread, hot noodles or a combination of the above. When we checked out we were given a Cambodian scarf each as a departure gift. This small detail really topped off what was an excellent two day stay. We can see why this family run guesthouse recieved a 2013 TripAdvisor award. Highly recommended.

Room Tip: If you can, opt for a room not connected to the main downstairs foyer.
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple