“Immaculate Resort Course”
Review of Angkor Golf Resort

Angkor Golf Resort
More attraction details
Owner description: An award winning 18 Holes golf course designed by European legend, Sir Nick Faldo. Conveniently located 5 minutes from Siem Reap International Airport and 10 minutes from Siem Reap city center and the Angkor Wat
Singapore, Singapore
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Immaculate Resort Course”
Reviewed October 10, 2010

Angkor Golf Resort was a fun place to play with an immaculate resort style course and very friendly people. I played the blue tees (about 6650 yds) and my index is 11. The course was straight forward with wide fairways. The bunkers and water hazards don't have to come into play unless you want to challenge them. I played twice on a Saturday between 8:30AM and 2:30PM with a caddy and a cart. I felt like I had the course to myself. I will surely come back and play again.

My only suggestion is that they speed up the greens. They claimed they were rolling about an 8. They were in perfect condition.

2 Thank Singaporemark986

• Korean first
Phnom Penh, Cambodia
32 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 74 helpful votes
“Best resort course I have ever played (and I have played lots).”
Reviewed July 9, 2010

I played this beautiful golf course for the third time on Friday with my 21yo son and the Golf Director Adam Robertson. The course is always in superb condition, and the greens-keeper and course staff must be congratulated for their excellent work. Guests are warmly welcomed, the pro shop and restaurant staff are very friendly and are pleased to help.

I prefer to walk the course, which is reasonably flat, but carts are always available, and the caddies really know the course and the slopes on the greens. There is lots of water on most holes and the huge bunkers are strategically placed to catch poor shots, but it all adds up to a great golfing experience.

I look forward to returning in August for the Angkor Amateur Open 2010.

2 Thank Lewis C
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 235 helpful votes
“Great Golf in Siem Reap? It's True”
Reviewed May 24, 2010

Played 72 holes at Angkor GC with wife. Amazing golf, and a real gem.

Very pretty course, and maintained superbly. Very few people there, so play at your own pace. Wouldn't say overly challenging, as fairways are wide, greens are big and no real up/down slope. Even the hazards don't play a big role. The only tough part are those bunkers - a lot of them, really. The clubhouse is nice and modern. Really, completely taken aback when we first arrived as we never expected something like this in Siem Reap of all places.

Now the only real complaint is that the course is a little lacking in variety, where some of the holes tend to look very similar to each other, to an extent that when first playing the course my wife asked if this was a 9-hole course we're playing twice.

2 Thank Tommy0609
Aotearoa New Zealand
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Superb in every way :0”
Reviewed April 6, 2010

What a great course to play. Upkeep very high and tee to green is immaculate. The caddies were knowledgeable and very courteous. I play off a 10 handicap and off the white tees. Met the Manager of the course Adam Robertson who was very pleased to stop and chat and to talk golf and the course. Still developing as a venue and I reckon in 5 years when trees and shrubs become mature this will make this course even more enjoyable. Thanks Angkor Golf resort for a great days golf.

1 Thank exnavy76
Istanbul
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 26 helpful votes
“A gem of a golf course!”
Reviewed August 21, 2009

I found myself in Siem Reap with no clubs but after reading about the Faldo designed Angkor Golf Club I knew I had to get a round in. I called and was welcomed to come out anytime...I went right away!

I had the pleasure of playing this great golf course on August 10th 2009, sadly just days before an Amateur Tournament that would be played there on the weekend that I would have loved to play in....but I had to continue on with my travels.

Green fee was about $100 bucks...very reasonable for a course of this calibre. I had to rent clubs..King Cobra's..they worked great - I will buy a Cobra driver now;-)

I rented a cart and had a great caddie named miss song. She was sweet and knew what to do. The course was deserted - played alone in about 2 hours. Awesome!

The course is challenging for any level of player - I am a 7 handicap and played from the blues...I was on holidayand did not feel like working too hard.

This course is in perfect shape, greens are great and challenging but fair. Lots of bunkers and water to make things interesting....not a bald spot or a weed on the course..it is immaculate.

Club house is a bit small (maybe temporary) but does the job, had a nice lunch and bought some great logo'd shirts for my dad in the pro shop.

If you are a golfer and find yourself in Siem Reap - you must play ths course - or just plan a trip to Siem Reap to be a tourist and golfer..well worth the visit!

Trevor

2 Thank Livinistanbul
CandraTanpatti, eCommerce at Angkor Golf Resort, responded to this review, April 29, 2010
Thank you for your review of the Angkor Golf Resort. I am thrilled to hear that your experience was a favorable one. We really appreciate the customer's opinions and look forward to improving our services. Thank you again for your feedback,