“A memorable golf game at a spectacular course ”
Review of Angkor Golf Resort

Angkor Golf Resort
More attraction details
Owner description: An award winning 18 Holes golf course designed by European legend, Sir Nick Faldo. Conveniently located 5 minutes from Siem Reap International Airport and 10 minutes from Siem Reap city center and the Angkor Wat
Reviewed September 10, 2016 via mobile

The Angkor Golf course is spectacular. The best we played in Siem Reap. Fairways and greens pristine. Some very challenging holes with many bunkers and water to negotiate. Caddies were very friendly and extremely knowledgable of the course. All staff exceptionally helpful and friendly. Locker rooms lovely and clean. Hire clubs were in good condition.
A very memorable game of golf.

Date of experience: September 2016
David B, Manager at Angkor Golf Resort, responded to this reviewResponded October 2, 2016

Dear Maxine,

Thank you for sharing your positive feedback. It's particularly pleasing that you have specified the quality of the course, caddies, hire clubs, staff and facilities...I will certainly be sharing this with the team. We'll do our best to maintain and exceed these standards.

We hope to see you again soon.

All reviews
"golf balls"
"clubhouse staff"
"short game area"

Reviewed August 26, 2016 via mobile

The course is awesome! We played it three times and loved it. The staff is great and friendly. Make sure that you interview your caddie. Course knowledge is critical. If you can't see your ball, get ready to take a drop. The food is good as well. Take your time and spend most of the day there it doesn't get crowded. Enjoy a leisurely round and a good meal. Cheers!

Date of experience: August 2016

Dear Mark,

Thank you for visiting us at Angkor Golf Resort...3 times no less! I'm sure your score got better each time! We're delighted that you had such a good time with us and shared your experience with others. Thank you.

Reviewed July 25, 2016

Compare to the other 2 golf course in Siem Reap which are Phokeethra Country Club and Boo Young Country Club, this stood up among the 2 especially their changing room and the service. They are few holes are quite challenging.
I think basically the locals caddy they are nice, down to earth and no attitude problem (why I said that because some caddy in other country, after you tips them, they will show you one kind of unsatisfied face - even though we tip them according to market rate (whereby we checked with the people how much to tip them)

Date of experience: July 2016
David B, Manager at Angkor Golf Resort, responded to this reviewResponded August 25, 2016

Dear KZ,

Thank you for visiting us at Angkor Golf Resort and taking the time to leave your feedback. We're glad that you enjoyed the experience and service provided from the team, particularly the caddies. Hope to see you again.

Reviewed July 10, 2016

I played two rounds of golf at Angkor Golf Resort while I was in Siem Reap and really enjoyed it. The course is very well maintained and in great condition. Given it is low season, there were very few golfers on the days I played (Tue and Thur) which made it nice as I played a one ball and got through the course quite quickly - this is great for me as my wife does not golf so I was able to get back to the hotel in a reasonable time. They also offer shuttle service which was great and the course is only about 10 min from the town area. The downside to playing this time of the year is that it can rain quite a bit, so on the 2nd day, I had to stop and wait for the rain to pass. The cost for a round was about US$150 (including caddy and golf cart) which isn't cheap but is about average for good courses in Asia. Having a caddy is great, as most of them know the greens quite well and will help you with the line - Freyon was my caddy and I recommend her as she knew the greens very well.

For those that need to buy balls and don't want to spend too much, there is a store across the main entrance that sells used balls (decent quality Pro V1 was US$5 for 10 balls).

1  Thank WangMa

Dear WangMa,

Thank you for choosing Angkor Golf Resort during your recent visit to Siem Reap.
I'm sure the course was a little easier the 2nd time and hopefully you managed to lower your score despite the rain! Thank you for complimenting the course conditions and caddy service, these are Two areas that we focus heavily on to enhance the players experience.

We hope to welcome you back soon.

See more reviews
Reviewed July 4, 2016 via mobile

First of all I should clarify that 3 stars is probably a bit harsh; if possible I'd have given it 3.5 but I gave the other course I played on this SE Asia trip (Montgomerie Links in Vietnam) 4 stars and this course has to rate lower as the Monty is both a better course in my opinion and less expensive.

To give Aussies a guide to what it's like, it felt to me like one of the second-rung Gold Coast resort courses - pretty without being overly challenging, plenty of water but not much of it being genuinely in play, and, unfortunately at this time of year, many waterlogged fairways.

The wetness was the main negative for me and it's admittedly hard for management to do much about it - one just needs to look at the surrounding landscape in Siem Reap and how water just sits there for days after a rain event due to the extremely flat, clay ground. The best courses in the world are built on land that is naturally suited to golf and this area unfortunately is not. They do a good job to present it as well as they do, and I can see how it would be a much different and better course in the dry season. But in current conditions, well over 200 AUD for 18 holes, compulsory caddy and cart is a bit steep. Perhaps a fair solution would be to charge a discounted rate in the wet season? It might also help to get more punters on the course as it appears to be very sparsely patronised at this time of year.

My caddy was pretty good but for both English and golf knowledge was a rung below those at Montgomerie Links.

To help keep costs down I brought a few of my own cans of Angkor from the supermarket and the course was happy to provide an ice-filled cooler box - although they said it was the first time someone had tried this!

I also must compliment the practice facilities which are high quality with range balls complimentary within the price.

Worth the experience to play it once, it is a good track and like I said would go much better in the dry season, but now having played three courses in SE Asia - Monty and the Shark's in Vietnam and this one by Faldo - I have to rate it a full reversal of their success in majors with Monty pipping Greg followed by Faldo. But there's not too much between them.

Dear Paul,

Thank you for visiting us and taking the time to give your detailed and complimentary feedback...and comparisons. I share your views that 3 stars is a little harsh but of course I am a fraction biassed! We value your opinion and feedback and will use this to continually improve the players experience.

Obviously in the rainy season there will be the occasional day were the course is soft under foot due to heavy rain through the evening but typically the course drains extremely well and standing water would never remain for more than 15-30 minutes in the worst cases. If you felt the course was particularly wet during your visit I would have been happy to discuss with you and make some compensations were possible if in deed the playability was unsatisfactory.