“Great Fare Great Servce”

Khmer House Restaurant
Ranked #131 of 1,003 Restaurants in Siem Reap
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed January 5, 2014

I have mentioned I'm earlier posts that many of these restaurants in Siem Reap serve relatively the same fare. While it may not be Cordon Bleu cooking or presentation for what you get it is VERY reasonably priced the service is efficient and friendly and the prices are low.
This restaurant is another fine example of this.

Reviewed January 2, 2014

We arrived at the restaurant at 8 for dinner and ordered our food promptly. At 8.50 the food still had not arrived even though tables around us who had arrived later had already been served. All this time the staff had not even acknowledged our wait or apologised for the delay which would have made the situation more forgivable. One of the managers then came to us and told us that our food was coming, again, without apology. We waited another ten minutes and I tried to attract the other manager's attention to ask if our food was indeed on its way. She looked at me and pointed at one of the junior waiters to deal with my enquiry whilst she went to another table. I understand that it is difficult when restaurants are busy, as this restaurant was at the time we first arrived, but at least the staff should still provide good service, which was not the case. We had to leave at that point as we were already late for the car which was coming to pick us up at 9pm, paid for our drinks and left. If they had just said sorry or tried in the slightest to show us that they cared about our wait (almost an hour), I would not be writing this review on here.

3  Thank Fj11111
Reviewed December 15, 2013

The food was really nice and it wasn't too expensive. There was a large variety of Khmer food and it all looked so good. The service was great and the food didn't take too long to be served. I would recommend this place to everyone!

Reviewed November 24, 2013

we had a really friendly welcome on arrival which was nice after the constant calling from pub street, the staff were fantastic and the food was delicious, Khmer curry, Amok amongst other dishes we tried were excellent and without the noise and hassle of Pub St. Thoroughly reccomended.

Reviewed October 10, 2013 via mobile

Walking down the alley on our way to pub street we stopped in at this place after seeing the food another couple was eating. With one dinner and one lunch under our belts I'm confident in providing this review. When you get there they greet you with a shooter of fresh orange juice and a cold towel. The fresh spring rolls are so refreshing in the heat. I've had them twice now! I've had the Khmer curry with chicken (yum but wish there was a fish option) and the Khmer amok and one of the soups as well. The Khmer amok was super yummy and that's pretty much all I've been eating this past week at different establishments. Sprinkle in a couple curries and lok lok and you're up to speed on my visit. The other thing I really like about this place is the staff. Not all restaurants in Diem Reap provide nice customer service. These ladies are genuinely nice and not aggressive in my experience. Nice spot to grab lunch or dinner if you can grab a table! Highly recommend