“We would definitely stay there again, and we'd definitely call Denny.”
Review of The Kool Hotel

and 1 more site!
The Kool Hotel
Ranked #202 of 356 Hotels in Siem Reap
rugbyislife
“We would definitely stay there again, and we'd definitely call Denny.”
Reviewed May 1, 2009

A good place to stay. The Kool Hotel is modern, comfortable, and clean, and it is a very good value for the money with a really friendly, helpful staff. (NOTE: you aren't staying at the Hilton, but if you want that, then go to the Hilton.) We didn't spend a ton of time at the hotel because our time in Cambodia was on the short side, but the staff went out of their way to help us maximize the time we had with some good recommendations for day trips and restaurants. The hotel arranged for us to be met at the airport by Denny, [------] who we liked so much that we hired him to take us around in his remorque (Cambodian word for tuk tuk) to the temples for the next few days--including at 5am on day 2! He is a good guy who was always on time, super friendly, and once we explained that we didn't want to do the usual tourist path and wanted to do things differently to avoid the Angkor crowds, he was extremely helpful and accomodating. Upon arrival at the hotel, we had a welcome drink made from pandanus leaves and one of the staff sat with us answering our questions and gave us an overview on the area which was really helpful because it wasn't simply a sales pitch for select local establishments. The hotel made arrangements for massages in our rooms the first night, which were just what we needed after two days of travel. The room itself was clean, spacious, and nicely furnished. The bathroom was modern with nice fixtures and clean. The hotel is on a side street off of the main road from the airport & is in a quiet location. It is not right in "downtown" Siem Reap, but for us, that was a good thing, & it was still easy to get to "downtown" and to get to the temples from the hotel. We would definitely stay at the Kool Hotel again if we went back to Cambodia, and we'd definitely call Denny to see if he was available to take us around!

• Stayed March 2009, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
  • Korean first
sydney
Reviewed May 1, 2009

My husband and I decided to stay at the Kool Hotel after reading all the positive Trip Advisor comments and because it has a premium rating. We were welcomed with friendly and warm genuine smiles and were made to feel very special. This was our first trip to Cambodia and the staff sat down with us and were happy to chat and answer any questions we had. The hotel itself is located just off the main road which makes it much more quiet than most of the other hotels that are located directly on the main road. The hotel seems quite new and is absolutely spotless. It is a charming traditional style hotel with a modern twist and has all the mod cons you need. We booked an Indra room which was huge, the king bed was very comfy and the new modern bathroom was very clean. We even had a little balcony with a view of Siem reap town. The new pool was really refreshing after a day exploring the temples at Angkor Wat. We had a delicious dinner at the hotel, food was fresh and tasty and very inexpensive (about $6.00 per meal!) Massage cost about $10 for 60min, laundry cost $3 total for about 6 items!

• Stayed April 2009, traveled as a couple
Cardiff,UK
Reviewed April 21, 2009

My room which I shared with my sister was very clean, large and pretty modern. Food was also very nice. My favourite dish at the Kool Hotel was a traditional Cambodian dish called Amok, steamed fish with Cambodian curry and coconut cream, do try it!

My family and I also enjoyed the hotel’s new swimming pool. Believe me you would want to dip yourself into a pool after long days at the temples!

The hotel also organised our temple tours and they were amazing trips. We had great fun and experienced new things. I will definitely recommend the Kool hotel to my friends who are planning to visit Siem Reap later this year.

• Stayed April 2009, traveled with family
Dublin
Reviewed April 20, 2009

Was picked up by the amicable Dane at Siem Reap airport and whisked to The Kool Hotel which is down a quiet street about five minutes from the dusty and crowded with tourists hub that is downtown. The receptionist was most pleasant and helpful having a welcome drink served and providing tourist information. The hotel lobby and rooms are all comfortable, clean and modern. They are tastefully decorated and display Camdodian art and architecture and my room had a little balcony. The food was delicious, travel arrangements made with the front desk was perfect and I was most pleased to get into my comfortable and clean bed everynight. I had heard such nightmare stories about places to stay in Cambodia and this magical place dispelled any fears that I had. I highly recommend it to anyone but will mention that it does not have an elevator and I could not pick up a wireless connection on my laptop.

• Stayed February 2009, traveled solo
Manila
Reviewed April 18, 2009

I really had a great time staying at Kool Hotel at Siem Reap. Staffs were very nice and warm with the complimentary tea and fruits the moment we arrived at the hotel. I like the food there, we had our dinner at the hotel and they were very accommodating and even late at night the staffs were very willing to assist us on our needs. I like the room very spacious and clean with a distinct and remarkable style. I had a relaxing sleep at the hotel. My friends and I also like the pool with the jacuzzi. The hotel also provided us a very enjoyable tour, we had a great time at Angkor with our energetic very knowledgeable tour guide Mr. Ty. Siem Reap is a very interesting place to visit, been there only for 3 days, I am glad I was able to visit it and definitely wished to have stayed a little longer! Personally I like the hotel and definitely I will recommend this hotel to my friends. Dane and Nat are doing a great job maintaining and managing the hotel they warmly attend to the guest requests and special needs. Keep it up! Definitely it deserves the name "Kool" hotel. Kudos!

• Stayed April 2009, traveled with friends
Phils
Reviewed April 18, 2009

I was travelling Vietnam and Cambodia with friends early this April. Amidst the old grandeur of Siem Reap, Kool Hotel is a home in wonderland.

Tired of the long travel from Phnom Penh and hardly english-speaking people of the city, arriving at a little, warm place called Kool Hotel is heart-warming. The staffs are real friendly, speaks good english and made everything easy for us. The place's design is 'kool' enough, the rooms are clean and the food is great. We also had the honor of using their new pool first time.

From Ho Chi Minh to Phonm Penh to Siem Reap, our stay in Siem Reap was the most memorable -- thanks to Angkor Wat, to Kool Hotel and the best tour guide we called "Mr. Tee".

Thanks a lot Dane. We definitely did feel at home.

• Stayed April 2009, traveled with friends
Sydney
Reviewed April 15, 2009

I found the service and quality very good. Would recommend it.

• Stayed April 2009, traveled solo