“Friendly & Comfortable”
Review of Happy Guest House

Happy Guest House
Ranked #25 of 507 Siem Reap B&B and Inns
Reviewed March 17, 2014

We stayed here for 4 nights while exploring the temple zone and were really pleased.

The room was large, reasonably comfortable and the staff are unbelievably friendly. There's a restaurant attached to the guest house for guests to chill out and use the WiFi. The breakfast served there is really good - though not included in the room price.

They run a pay on check out system which prevents you from getting a fist full of riel every time you but something.

A couple of notes about our room, not the guest house as a whole. We were in room 105 and had no WiFi signal. Also, they keep their recycling piled up outside the window of this ground floor room and rummage through it at 6am every morning, tossing aluminium cabs around and making a huge racket. Try to avoid this room for that reason.

We would however absolutely stay here again.

Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple

Reviewed March 15, 2014

I tried to book a room through their website a day before being in Siem Reap. I got an email saying they would get back to me to confirm if they had any room for me.

I arrive in the evening and explain I couldn't get access to the internet so I don't know if they actually have a room for me or not. The (adorable) guy at the desk tells I need to check on the internet to see their answer. I sit down, and connect to their free wifi and see the email saying they have no room. So I proceed to the desk and say "OK, apparently you have no room for me according to your email". Then he says they actually have 3 rooms available, those are double separate beds, fan and cold shower for $8. Room is quite nice, at the last floor so a bit hot but I was glad enough to find a room, I needed some rest.

The next morning, I ask the manager if they have rooms for me for the next couple of days. She says she doesn't know, because of bookings made through the internet, and people staying there who didn't mention their check-out date.

That goes without saying, from that point on, I stayed there 5 nights and stopped asking questions.

On the bright side, the staff and the manager are very friendly. Restaurant is OK. The street is quiet and away from the large avenues.

I booked a bus through them. I was told to be ready at the gate at 4am. At 4:30am the bus was not there, the manager got up and made some calls to figure out what was wrong.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled solo
Reviewed March 15, 2014 via mobile

It's just off the main street where you can find the markets and the shops. It's quiet at night and the restaurant at the ground floor provide good local food with good price. With $7 /night for single room, the price is really reasonable.

The room is comfy and the toilet is clean, the lighting for the room is quite bad though.

Stayed: March 2014, traveled with friends
Reviewed March 15, 2014 via mobile

Staff was really friendly and helpful, food was great, lounge area was cosy, rooms were clean, ...
Only minor point was that the water in the shared bathroom was cold but we can't complain since we only paid $5 for a private room, definitely best value for money we had!

• Stayed: January 2014
Reviewed March 11, 2014

As we took our vacation went to ANGKOR WAIT& over night stay at Happy Guest House in Siem Reap.Can be means that,
obviously Sure.Nice clean with linens, room was big with flat channel TV also completely with coat hangers clothe in the room and other some furniture.
washing room fresh with water tube,Mirror either hot shower and cool shower indoor,
I am sure and convenience myself that i have done chosen with good guesthouse for stay with my parents. I have decided my own self to say with happy Guest House without hesitate .
Happy G.H Made me Enjoying to stay and much happy next to shear some idia with owner Chhorpoan.
she is running well with her own Guest house and restaurant in front door's, for people would fit some opinion idia on tour .
with foods Meals or some beverages you can order what you enjoy yourself, Rate be able to accept.
Especially she is very friendly also her parents are so cool neither stuff are all some ( good) and very polite.
the place was Quiet and more famous the other around...
ON your vacation / your holiday /or either your working in Siem Reap too.
If you would enjoy quiet place and less expensive please let go to stay with happy Guest house.
the place just near to the shopping and market !

i am recognize that all thing all working so cool,

Enjoy to stay !

Like home>)))

Room Tip: All the rooms are QUIET.Either on the south North so on . Everything Nice>>))
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed March 7, 2014

Stayed for three nights. Nice spacious and clean rooms. The staff was friendly and very helpful in giving us tips when we first arrived in Cambodia. They were able to help us arrange transportation back to Thailand on our last day. The Wifi wasn't very good in the rooms, you had to go to the lounge area to get a good connection. No hot water for the showers, but kind of expected as it wasn't listed in their services. Overall, great experience with this hostel, would stay there again.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled with friends
Reviewed February 25, 2014

Had a nice stay here for two nights. Aldo there were a lot of mosquitoes in the room when I arrived, the place was clean, had AC and a good bed. It's located at a little dirt road about 15-20 minute walk from the town centre. No reason to be afraid to do this walk alone at night, as for me it always felt save. I took one of the tuk tuk drivers from the guesthouse to go and visit the temples. Price was very reasonable considering he just waited for me as long as I wished while visiting the temples. When I had a request to go somewhere else, he just took me, free of charge. Even took me to my new guesthouse free of charge when I had to check out here. Good place!

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled solo