“Happy indeed”
Review of Happy Guest House

Happy Guest House
Ranked #25 of 502 Siem Reap B&B and Inns
Reviewed June 22, 2013

My husband and I recently stayed here for 6 nights and found them through the Lonely Planet SEA book. We paid $6 a night for a nice big room with a fan, TV and cold shower, plus free WIFI that is nice and fast. From the moment you arrive you are greeted by the staff, who are very friendly and accommodating during your whole stay. They can organize absolutely anything for you. My husband and I are not usually one to stay around the Guesthouse for our meals, but Happy Guesthouse has food no more than $3 and is very delicious...they had the best Amok in town. With the weather being on and off with the rain it was nice to know you could get a great meal at a great price right at the hotel. Also the location is pretty good, with being only a 10 minute walk into town, where the central market, restaurants and night market is situated. (We found the food in town to be more expensive and not as nice, plus you do get hassled while you are seated.) I will definitely stay here again on my next visit to Siem Reap, this has been the best Guesthouse we have stayed at in Cambodia so far.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
There are newer reviews for Happy Guest House

Reviewed June 22, 2013 via mobile

We stayed in a triple room with fan and cold water for $7. This place ranks well on trip advisor for a reason, the rooms are good and clean. The communal areas are pleasant and the staff are excellent, friendly and helpful.
Note. Wifi didn't reach the room we were in but excellent signal in restaurant and three computers available for use.

• Stayed: June 2013
Reviewed June 18, 2013

This guesthouse looks like it might be far from all the nightlife in siem reap on the map, but it is only a 7 minute or so walk to the main pub street and surrounding bars and markets.
The staff are extremly helpful, booking tours. buses, and showing you maps and giving you information on other sights to see in cambodia.
The guesthouse food is lovely, the rooms are clean, tidy. i stayed in a single room with a private bathroom, fan and tv for $5 a night!!!! great value, the shower wasnt hot though, i would have stayed there for a week or two if it was hot as it was a great place to just chill out in the common area, free wifi , and they also did laundry and had bikes for rent.
highly recommend this place. And maybe book if you do want to stay here as one of the nights i was sitting near the reception and a few people had walked in and the staff told them they were full for the night (and this was in low season) .

Reviewed June 15, 2013

I stayed in Happy Guesthouse for four nights because of its high ratings on Tripadvisor The room is big and affordable (USD11 per night for a room with air-conditioner, cable TV and hot shower). The bed is comfortable but unfortunately, the sheets and the pillows I got smelled kind of bad (as if they weren't dried or stored properly). They also had a few pale yellow stains on them. I don't know if I'm just unlucky or what because other guests never seemed to have this problem. The towel wasn't fresh-smelling either. Good thing I brought a spare towel with me. Honestly, these kind of turned me off but eventually I kind of got used to it.

However, the staff are very friendly and accommodating. The common area/restaurant is very cozy. The food ss good and very affordable. I really love their cheese omelets and yogurt shakes. I also appreciate the postal services (because I'm a fan of snail mail). The location is good (you can walk to Pub Street if the weather is not too hot) and there's also a mini-grocery nearby.

Tips:
-Bring or buy mosquito repellent. The common area has a lot of them and I didn't notice this during my first night. I got more than 20 mosquito bites during the first night alone.
-They don't have bedroom slippers (I think being barefoot inside the house is the norm in Cambodia?) so if you're not used to walking barefoot on cold tiles, bring bedroom slippers.

Reviewed June 9, 2013

We spent 4 nights there and was recommended a great tuk tuk driver named Peron. The staff were friendly, warm and welcoming! The bedroom and bathroom were basics but we were only there to sleep. I would definitely recommend this.

Perth, Australia

Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed June 5, 2013

We've stayed here for 7 days and liked it a lot. It is certainly one of the niciest places in Siem Reap where you can find a regulary cleaned fan room for 6$. Previouse "Advisor Ahgkor Villa" where we stayed 2 days was much worser. It is located on a very quite street not far from Old Market (15-20 minutes walk by the river). Has it's own restaurant with average to this town prices and ok food (economing on meet as everyone here...). I said food is "ok" because nowhere in Cambodia you won't find so tasty Fried Rice or Pad Thai as in any dirtiest family kitchen restaurant in Thailand. I really can't understan how it can be but we've visited so many cities and never found anything that can be compared. "Chill out zone" isn't that chill as there are a lot of maskitos so you eat and run away =) But as I said this place is still the best. And it's owners are making their best to shine with happiness and make you feel like home. If I ever visit Siem Reap for the third time I'll certainly stay here.

Phil&Irishka =)

Room Tip: Room # 6 had a window with people going beside it all the time. So you never actually can leave curt...
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 5, 2013

After a particularly bad day (our little group who were crossing poipet border together got scammed and intimidated) I arrived to heaven! Warmest welcome, smiles, friendly conversations, promptly organised tickets, good price for the room, attention to details, central location. I can not praise them enough! I will be back for sure and can recommend this place to anybody.

Room Tip: ask for the room on the lower floor as there is no lift