Happy Guest House
  • Breakfast included
Good 3.5/5
Very Good 4/5
Excellent 5/5
All reviewstuk tukhot waterguesthouse offersangkor watclean roomsper nightown bathroomnice guesthousesingle roomcheap foodpub streetplace to staylaundry serviceceiling fanquiet areaquiet at nightstayed longer
FilterAll languages
Reviewed May 26, 2013

The staffs here are very friendly, no wonder it named happy guest house, they seem to be always happy everyday, everytime. The room is nice and clean. We booked for a double room, but we got family room instead (one double bed+one single bed), there's hot shower and aircon, so perfect and good value! The food is very nice too and not too expensive. We wanted to rent a bike, unfortunately all of them are rented or got flat tire, so we had to rent outside the hostel. The location is near old market (15 minutes walk) and there's also free airport transfer. The staff can also help you arrange everything you need, from hiring tuktuk to booking ticket to other city or country. Overall, we had a really nice experience, we difinitely would come back later if we visit siem reap again :)

Room Tip: if you dont like stairs, don't take rooms on third floor, because there's no elevator here :D
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 22, 2013

My original guesthouse was closed due to flooding, and I found out only hours before my arrival in Siem Reap. But that wasn't a problem for me at the Happy Guest House and I am so grateful to them for being accommodating and understanding. I called them immediately and they reserved a room for me with air-conditioning, a private bathroom, and a king-sized bed for $10/night, plus sent a tuk-tuk to pick me up from the airport! Keoun, the driver who picked me up and also got me to Angkor Wat at 5am for sunrise one morning ($12 go & back), was very kind and always checked in with me if we crossed paths in the common area throughout my stay at the guesthouse. Which actually isn't too out-of-the-ordinary as every member of the staff I met during my 5-day stay was incredibly friendly, helpful, and a genuinely nice person to be around when I was staying alone. The day I checked out and needed to rush for my flight, they were able to get me a tuk-tuk to the airport AND agreed to buy stamps and send my 13 postcards for me! Spoiler -- they did! US friends sent me thank yous this week! (Thank you Happy Guest House!)

Someone can clean your room daily, the hot water is hot, the air conditioning is cold, it's a short walk (about 10-15min) to Old Market, Pub Street, and the Night Market, and close to Wat Bo (about 5min) too. Yes, the wifi only works in the restaurant/common area even if they tell you it works in your room, but everything else about this home away from home is welcoming and cozy. If I'm coming back to Siem Reap, I'll definitely stay here again, but until then, I'll be recommending the Happy Guest House to friends.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed May 21, 2013

lovely place. Staff very friendly and helpful. I had forgotten my passport in Phnom Penh and they helped me to get it back within one day, free of charge. Restaurant area good to chill out. rooms good size and clean. They also recommended a really good tour guide for Angkor Mr. Suk.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Irene B
Reviewed May 16, 2013

reserved a room for two people, but arrived with three, this was no problem. Staff was very nice. we got to know them over the week we stayed, and were helpful when we asked them about tours and tuktuks. Food was delicious, we ate at the guesthouse quite a lot. Wifi is good and the courtyard is great to meet other travellers.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed May 14, 2013

We arrived at 4pm and warmly welcome with a smile. They did not have a double bed room for the first night, but bed was big enought for 2 and we got secong towel and pillow. The nest 3 nights we moved to a fan doubled bedroom which was more spacious to spread our belongings. Owners ans staff are very friendly and helpfull. Chill out zone is great with good wifi and good food. Loved their mixed fruit shake.
We also did the dancing show evening they offer and we got very good table. Buffet was excellent way to fill you up for cheap and good.
Big + of the GH, 3 computers and few bikes are available.
Highly recommended it