“Fantastic Stay!”
Review of Happy Guest House

Happy Guest House
Ranked #24 of 502 Siem Reap B&B and Inns
Reviewed April 20, 2011

We stayed at the Happy Guesthouse for 4 nights and wished we could have stayed longer. The rooms were spacious, clean and good value. The staff were very friendly and helpful. There was also a restaurant which served delicious food (try the Amok curry!!)

I would definately reccommend this guesthouse to anyone!

Note: Be careful with taxi and tuk tuk drivers, they will try and take you to the wrong guest house (where they get commission) insist on coming here!!

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled as a couple
There are newer reviews for Happy Guest House

Reviewed April 8, 2011

This was a great place to stay in Siem Reap, Cambodia. The staff was happy, friendly and helpful. It is a family run business, so it was very "homey" feel to the place. We were hooked up with a TukTuk driver, Soupy, who was so helpful and sweet. A great great place! Felt like a little home away from home! And the food was great too!

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled with friends
Reviewed March 21, 2011

What a wonderful place to stay and we only paid $7 a night! This family-run guesthouse is a find for those backpackers who want value, cleanliness, good food and interesting people. As soon as we arrived, we were met by the family and shown around. We felt completely safe and "at home". The daughter, Chek won(spelling?) was delightful and helped us with all our quiries. There were lots of areas for meeting other travellers and have a beer and food. The location was good as it was on a quiet street and there were lots of tuk tuks available. Our favourite driver was Nihm and he was excellent.

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 4, 2011

We had red the reviews and had high expectations, and we were not disappointed! We were greeted with happy smiles every day and the staff are so helpful with everything. Best staff we have met so far! The food at the guest house is good and cheap, and their mango juice is must try. They also arrange with tul tul drivers who are nice and friendly and well known to the guest house so there is no trouble of any kind, and the prices are fixed beforehand by the hotel. It is nothing more to say than that this was the best stay and definitely value for money. No doubt we will stay here again if we go back to Siem Reap!

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 29, 2011

very nice guesthouse with friendly and extremly helpful staff, clean rooms, nice food, free internet and a good atmosphere. the only thing, which was'nt good was the busticket to krati, we booked there. we ended in a minibus with 20 persons!!! that was a nightmare! so be careful with the bustickets................................

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 22, 2011

I stayed at Happy Guest House for three days. Originally I had planned to stay across the street but they were full (thank goodness) and so I booked a room at Happy instead. Instantly I was greeted by cheery smiles and eager to help staff members. The rooms were clean and comfortable (and only 3 dollars a night). Every day they were more than willing to help and were always super friendly. I got really sick one night with terrible vomiting and diarrhea, it was awful especially as a single traveler with no one to help you out. But when I told them I felt sick and asked if they had any medicine they were all treating me like a family member. Another traveler overheard and gave me some strong medicine and the staff were all giving me blankets and hot packs and herbs to rub on my tummy. They were just so caring, it was like my family was helping me. I am so appreciative of that and I would stay here again and again. I really recommend this place to everyone!

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled solo
Reviewed December 27, 2010

I intended to stay for 3 nights i ended up staying for 10. Angkor Wat might have had something to do with it too but this guest house is a genuine family run place. Set in a quiet back street (a 10 min stroll along the river) from the nonsense down on pub street etc. the whole family makes you feel welcome; free bicycles to use, free wifi, spotlessly clean rooms cleaned everyday, cable tv and a small outdoor restaurant. Tuk tuk drivers outside are not too pushy and the hotel employs a couple of really trustworthy ones so you wont get ripped off. All of that for $6 per night. I cannot speak highly enough of this place.

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled solo