“Great coffee and desserts”
Review of Le Malraux

Le Malraux
Ranked #139 of 1,003 Restaurants in Siem Reap
Cuisines: Cambodian, French
Good for: Romantic, Large groups, Business meetings, Families with children, Local cuisine
Reviewed August 3, 2013 via mobile

Mid evening stopped in with my family. We were the only ones there but likes the look of the place. The food was excellent. Pâté starter hit the spot and the fish amok was perfect. But the coffee and desserts did it. I had profiteroles which were excellent my wife the brûlée a perfect blend of smooth and light with a fine crisp top. So good went back a day later just for dessert and coffee.

Reviewed July 29, 2013

This was like being in Paris - the food, the atmosphere, the decor - we ate here twice and loved it each time.

Reviewed July 29, 2013 via mobile

Such a promising restaurant; it is in an excellent position and looks very attractive with flickering lights and hanging orchids.
We did a reccie the night before, enjoying a glass of wine and checking out the super-looking French and Khmer menu. However, when we got there, I was thoroughly disappointed as although it looked great, the food lacked any real flavour. It was all very professionally done, but I felt it lacked love and care - and anyone tasting it!
As a starter I had spring roll with shrimp which was ok with plenty of kampot pepper, or with the accompanying sauce, but totally tasteless without.
As a main, I ordered the day's special of veal kidneys with lyonnaise potatoes. The potatoes looked and tasted as though they had been prepared and cooked the day before and the kidneys were simply bland.
I had gone with such high expectations, but left really disappointed.

Reviewed July 24, 2013

Came across this restaurant whilst walking around town and decided to stay for dinner. We had't read any reviews prior to dining so it was pot luck but the restaurant looked very attractive with it's orchids and gardens. The lady dressed in black who looked after front of house was extremely efficient and polite and kept the wait staff on their toes.The food was of a high standard and at the time it was the best meal we had in Siem Reap.Would highly recommend

1  Thank peekay40
Reviewed July 23, 2013

My wife and I stopped by on the day of arrival, looking for a place to have a lunch, intrigued by beef and salmon tartare. Beef tartare is a must in french bistro, and where I live it is almost extinguished food as locals do not eat raw meat. I have selected combination of beef tartare and carpaccio, whereas my wife had th same with salmon; they were delicious and came in plenty. Though we only had lunch it was quite full in the evening. I do recommend for those who fancy good bistro food in casual semi-open atmosphere.