TripAdvisor
Inbox
Search
Cambodia Images photography tours
Review Highlights
Putting your photography skill to the next level

Just had a great custom morning half day tour with Darren. I have been reading up on some theory... read more

Reviewed 3 weeks ago
Rene v
Beemte-Broekland, The Netherlands
via mobile
Personalised 1 Day Photo Tour – Recommended!

Reviewed 4 weeks ago
AlianVegans

All reviews photo tour camera settings leper king terrace chau srei vibol ta prohm day tour composition portraits shooting techniques phrom wonders skills bayon knowledge sunrise tourists
Selected filters
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Pretty dammed pleased with ourselves, that’s how we were feeling after our day with Darren. And exhausted. We were really lucky that Darren had time for us, and with hindsight I would defiantly recommend booking Darren well in advance. What impressed me most was not Darren’s extensive local knowledge, or his technical and artistic competence as a photographer. Certainly those things impressed me, but what impressed me most was that he actually listened to what we wanted to achieve during our time together, and really delivered on it. The result was we had a brilliant day, really improved our photographic skills, and came away with some great pictures. Darren even helped us organise a tour the next day with a driver he recommended, and that worked out really well too. Thanks Darren!

Date of experience: November 2019
Reviewed May 27, 2019

The weather was hot during my time with Darren and his driver. Thank goodness Darren included break time between sunrise and afternoon which meant I got to return back to hotel for brief time out! :-)

The tour included visiting following temples in aircon car which I realy appreciated!:

Day 1 - Sra Srang lake, Banteay Srei, Chao Srei Vibol, pm Angkor.
Day 2 - Angkor, Ta Prohm, Preah Khan, Bayon.

As noted by other reviewers, it's true that Darren knows all the best locations to get interesting pictures around temples. If this is your area of interest, Darren would be my recommended choice. :-)

Date of experience: May 2019
Reviewed May 16, 2019 via mobile

I go on holiday and take 100 photos. I return from holiday and delete 99 because there rest are simply rubbish. I’m not sure I could be any more hopeless with a camera if I tried! However, somehow, with Darren’s guidance I was not able to get just 1 or 2 good photos, instead I got 50! In fact, I had so many I couldn’t even decide how to whittle them down so as not to bore the Facebook and Instagram communities!!

We had actually booked our tour with another company who had to cancel due to ill health the day before. They recommended Darren who stepped in last minute and we are very glad he did. He took us to all the best places, helped us identify what would make a good photo, gave us tips and advice and we had a good time along the way as well.

Be prepared for a dry sense of humour and don’t get overly excited by the monkeys!! Not acceptable behaviour on a photo tour of one of the 7 Wonders of the World!

Highly recommend, we would definitely book again!

Date of experience: May 2019
1  Thank 726beam
Reviewed April 19, 2019

Darren and his driver are a team with talent that probably can't be found anywhere else near Siem Reap. Their knowledge of the local area is impressive. For instance, at the driver's suggestion we visited a small village which was celebrating a holiday at the time, perfect timing. With Darren's direction and suggestions I was able to capture keepers that will last a lifetime. Normally being able to take National Geographic quality shots only come once in a while but with Darren and his driver's help I returned with many treasured images.

If you're looking for the regular tour sites they are completely accommodating with this. Also, a plus is that they know the tour bus times and where to go and be to avoid the larger crowds.

Darren is definitely the go to guy for Photo Tours, he won't disappoint. I will definitely look him up on my next visit to this area. He doesn't do large groups which is a good thing. The one on one instruction is excellent and outstanding.

Date of experience: April 2019
Reviewed March 9, 2019

My husband and I spent 1,5 days with Darren. He took us to the beautiful places, not visited by turists. He knows when to get to the places to take the best pictures. He has a lot of knowledge about the photography and he is a great practical teacher. We learned a lot and spent enjoyable time with him. We really recommend Darren for all fans of photography!
Joanna & Bartek