Review Highlights
Angor Photographer's Tour with Darren

Bottom Line Up Front (BLUF) I would HIGHLY recommend an Angor Wat Photographer’s tour with Darren... read more

Reviewed 4 days ago
Gordon_H_197777
The best way to escape the crowds at Angkor Wat

Reviewed December 9, 2018
RachelinNorwich
Norwich, United Kingdom
via mobile

All reviews photography tour camera settings leper king terrace chau srei vibol day tour portraits composition shooting phrom capture patiently bayon knowledge tourists sunrise angkor cambodia
Reviewed December 9, 2018 via mobile

My husband and I booked a 2 day photography tour with Darren around the Angkor Wat temple complex in Siem Reap and Tonle Sap and we thoroughly enjoyed both days. On day 1 we covered Angkor Wat, Ta Phrom, Preha Khan & the Leper King Terrace and on day 2 Bayon, Krol Ko, Chau Srei Vibol and a floating village on Tonle Sap.

Siem Reap is getting pretty touristy but it is still possible to get some amazing photos if you get out at sunrise (which meant getting up at 4.15am to see Angkor Wat!) or sunset, as most tour groups visit the temples from around 9am - 3pm.

Darren has a very good knowledge of the local area so he can ensure you avoid the crowds as much as possible, and he will also ensure that you get to see some of the lesser known temples too. He has an excellent knowledge of photography with tips on how to get the best shots and how to make good use of your camera settings to enhance your photography. He even gave us further information and tips for our onward travel to Kep and Kampot.

We would thoroughly recommend Darren’s tours for his expertise and local knowledge. It was an excellent start to our holiday in Cambodia.

Date of experience: November 2018
Reviewed November 11, 2018 via mobile

I spent a great day with Darren shooting the wonders of the Angkor complex. I had selected Darren after checking out various websites of photographers in Siem Reap. I’m a fairly advanced hobbyist landscape photographer—and I thought his photos were more interesting and creative than the others I saw so I booked a whole day tour with him. We started with sunrise at Angkor Wat, where we were lucky enough to catch a gorgeous pink and red hued scene. Then on to other temples, staying ahead of the crowds while finding interesting scenes to shoot. After 6 hours, we took a lunch break and I got a rest back in my hotel before going out for the afternoon shoot.

Darren was extremely helpful. He kept us away from huge crowds (except for the sunrise crowd which was unavoidable). He showed me interesting locations within the temples, and he had very helpful suggestions as to how to make my shots more visually compelling.

It was a long but exciting and satisfying day— and I loved every minute. I have only viewed my images on the camera viewscreen— and it appears I’ve got many shots I’m going to be happy with. This day was definitely worth the price given how much I learned and saw. I highly recommend Darren’s photo touring for photographers wanting to be guided and taught in the amazing setting of Angkor!

Date of experience: November 2018
Reviewed July 28, 2018

The photography tour I did with Darren was a great experience, it was one of the best days of my stay in Cambodia. I bombarded him with questions about camera settings / composition and learned a lot from his answers and practical exemples.

As a beginner photographer I thought buying more gear would be the best investment I could make. During my day with Darren I realized how valuable photography workshops can be.

If you are learning photography and want to take great temple pictures, I highly recommend you get in touch with him !

Date of experience: July 2018
Reviewed April 5, 2018

My wife and I had a 1.5 day tour with Darren in Siem Reap and the Wats of Angkor. This was originally booked as a photography tour but turned out to be an amazing adventure through Angkor Wat, Ta Phrom, and Preha Khan on the first half day. Then on the second day we covered Bayon, Leper King Terrace, Krol Ko and a fishing village about an hour outside Siem Reap called Kampong Khleang. I have to say we were so spoilt as we almost had each Wat to ourselves as Darren masterfully guided us through the madness of the tourists trail with our tuk tuk driver Mr Gau. If you're into Photography or (Sorry Darren) you want to avoid the tourists then I would highly recommend this tour, you are looked after from start to finish and I like the fact that Darren was so flexible with our itinerary. Thank you Darren and Mr Gau for making our stay a memorable one and next time I'm in Siem Reap I will definitely book another tour! Thanks again.

Date of experience: March 2018
1  Thank Mihilo
Reviewed March 2, 2018

As an experienced photographer with limited time it was important to find someone who could help with my needs. Darren was just the guy, he has excellent local knowledge of the temples and where to be at what time. After visiting Banteay Srey at sunrise I really wanted to photograph some monks, Darren had organised everything and we had a great session shooting portraits of the local monks at Chau Srei Vibol temple. It was great to get away from the crowds and Darren's knowledge of locations really helped. Next time I'm in Siem Reap I will definitely book another tour! Thanks again.

Date of experience: February 2018