Review Highlights
Angor Photographer's Tour with Darren

Bottom Line Up Front (BLUF) I would HIGHLY recommend an Angor Wat Photographer’s tour with Darren... read more

Reviewed yesterday
Gordon_H_197777
Great Photography tour

Myself and my daughter (18) spent 2 days with Darren and had a great time. I thoroughly recommend... read more

Reviewed 3 weeks ago
Maria W
via mobile

All reviews photography tour camera settings leper king terrace chau srei vibol day tour portraits composition shooting phrom capture patiently bayon knowledge tourists sunrise angkor cambodia
Reviewed November 11, 2018 via mobile

I spent a great day with Darren shooting the wonders of the Angkor complex. I had selected Darren after checking out various websites of photographers in Siem Reap. I’m a fairly advanced hobbyist landscape photographer—and I thought his photos were more interesting and creative than the others I saw so I booked a whole day tour with him. We started with sunrise at Angkor Wat, where we were lucky enough to catch a gorgeous pink and red hued scene. Then on to other temples, staying ahead of the crowds while finding interesting scenes to shoot. After 6 hours, we took a lunch break and I got a rest back in my hotel before going out for the afternoon shoot.

Darren was extremely helpful. He kept us away from huge crowds (except for the sunrise crowd which was unavoidable). He showed me interesting locations within the temples, and he had very helpful suggestions as to how to make my shots more visually compelling.

It was a long but exciting and satisfying day— and I loved every minute. I have only viewed my images on the camera viewscreen— and it appears I’ve got many shots I’m going to be happy with. This day was definitely worth the price given how much I learned and saw. I highly recommend Darren’s photo touring for photographers wanting to be guided and taught in the amazing setting of Angkor!

Date of experience: November 2018
Reviewed July 28, 2018

The photography tour I did with Darren was a great experience, it was one of the best days of my stay in Cambodia. I bombarded him with questions about camera settings / composition and learned a lot from his answers and practical exemples.

As a beginner photographer I thought buying more gear would be the best investment I could make. During my day with Darren I realized how valuable photography workshops can be.

If you are learning photography and want to take great temple pictures, I highly recommend you get in touch with him !

Date of experience: July 2018
Reviewed April 5, 2018

My wife and I had a 1.5 day tour with Darren in Siem Reap and the Wats of Angkor. This was originally booked as a photography tour but turned out to be an amazing adventure through Angkor Wat, Ta Phrom, and Preha Khan on the first half day. Then on the second day we covered Bayon, Leper King Terrace, Krol Ko and a fishing village about an hour outside Siem Reap called Kampong Khleang. I have to say we were so spoilt as we almost had each Wat to ourselves as Darren masterfully guided us through the madness of the tourists trail with our tuk tuk driver Mr Gau. If you're into Photography or (Sorry Darren) you want to avoid the tourists then I would highly recommend this tour, you are looked after from start to finish and I like the fact that Darren was so flexible with our itinerary. Thank you Darren and Mr Gau for making our stay a memorable one and next time I'm in Siem Reap I will definitely book another tour! Thanks again.

Date of experience: March 2018
1  Thank Mihilo
Reviewed March 2, 2018

As an experienced photographer with limited time it was important to find someone who could help with my needs. Darren was just the guy, he has excellent local knowledge of the temples and where to be at what time. After visiting Banteay Srey at sunrise I really wanted to photograph some monks, Darren had organised everything and we had a great session shooting portraits of the local monks at Chau Srei Vibol temple. It was great to get away from the crowds and Darren's knowledge of locations really helped. Next time I'm in Siem Reap I will definitely book another tour! Thanks again.

Date of experience: February 2018
1  Thank rjtphotography
Reviewed January 29, 2018 via mobile

Had a private 1.5 day tour with Darren.
Told him about my wishes and needs in advance and he build a wunderfull tour around it. Learned so much about camera settings and saw so many wunderfull things, always away from the crowd.

He's patient, an excellent teacher (if you need one) and let you go your own speed.

If you are looking for someone who knows his way around and the local people and who shows you the most beautiful places, Darren is exactly the one you are looking for.
To keep it short, it was an incredibly positive experience.
Would booke ihm over and over again.

Date of experience: January 2018