Cambodia Images photography tours
Review Highlights
Great off the beaten path personalized tour

We spent the better part of three days with Darren. He was great at planning our adventure and... read more

Reviewed February 11, 2020
thehighroad
Los Angeles
Putting your photography skill to the next level

Just had a great custom morning half day tour with Darren. I have been reading up on some theory... read more

Reviewed December 27, 2019
Rene v
Beemte-Broekland, The Netherlands
via mobile

All reviews photo tour leper king terrace ta prohm angkor wat portraits shooting techniques srei wonders skills knowledge camera tourists sunrise driver mr
Selected filters
Reviewed April 5, 2018

My wife and I had a 1.5 day tour with Darren in Siem Reap and the Wats of Angkor. This was originally booked as a photography tour but turned out to be an amazing adventure through Angkor Wat, Ta Phrom, and Preha Khan on the first half day. Then on the second day we covered Bayon, Leper King Terrace, Krol Ko and a fishing village about an hour outside Siem Reap called Kampong Khleang. I have to say we were so spoilt as we almost had each Wat to ourselves as Darren masterfully guided us through the madness of the tourists trail with our tuk tuk driver Mr Gau. If you're into Photography or (Sorry Darren) you want to avoid the tourists then I would highly recommend this tour, you are looked after from start to finish and I like the fact that Darren was so flexible with our itinerary. Thank you Darren and Mr Gau for making our stay a memorable one and next time I'm in Siem Reap I will definitely book another tour! Thanks again.

Date of experience: March 2018
1  Thank Mihilo
Reviewed March 2, 2018

As an experienced photographer with limited time it was important to find someone who could help with my needs. Darren was just the guy, he has excellent local knowledge of the temples and where to be at what time. After visiting Banteay Srey at sunrise I really wanted to photograph some monks, Darren had organised everything and we had a great session shooting portraits of the local monks at Chau Srei Vibol temple. It was great to get away from the crowds and Darren's knowledge of locations really helped. Next time I'm in Siem Reap I will definitely book another tour! Thanks again.

Date of experience: February 2018
1  Thank rjtphotography
Reviewed January 29, 2018 via mobile

Had a private 1.5 day tour with Darren.
Told him about my wishes and needs in advance and he build a wunderfull tour around it. Learned so much about camera settings and saw so many wunderfull things, always away from the crowd.

He's patient, an excellent teacher (if you need one) and let you go your own speed.

If you are looking for someone who knows his way around and the local people and who shows you the most beautiful places, Darren is exactly the one you are looking for.
To keep it short, it was an incredibly positive experience.
Would booke ihm over and over again.

Date of experience: January 2018
Reviewed January 5, 2018

If you like your photography to capture the soul of Cambodia, Darren is the person to go to. He helped me not only capture beautiful images of the architecture, people and traditions but also helped me explore perspectives i would normally not think of. He also patiently helped me brush up on my technical skills and guided me while i got comfortable with the techniques.
Its a long tour but definitely an amazing experience!

Date of experience: December 2017
Reviewed November 16, 2017

Darren is an excellent photographer that knows the best locations away from the crowds.

Highly recommend!

Date of experience: October 2017
darrenwilch, Owner at Cambodia Images photography tours, responded to this reviewResponded November 18, 2017

Thanks Mike, was a great day!