“Nice and clean hotel, great pool area”
Review of Ree Hotel

Ree Hotel
Ranked #196 of 374 Hotels in Siem Reap
Reviewed February 22, 2011

Very nice and clean hotel. Rooms are spacius and nicely decorated. We had a room overlooking the pool area and there was a little balcony (no chairs on the balcony though).
The pool area is very nice with elephant statues. Good place to relax after seeing the sights. Breakfast is good, they have cooks who make you an omelette or fried eggs.
The hotel is located on the road to the airport so coming and going to and from the airport is easy and fast. To the centre of Siem Reap it takes about 5 minutes with tuk tuk so the location is actually no problem. There is free WiFi in the hotel.

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled with friends

Reviewed February 12, 2011

KIND PEOPLE.
Delicious food and bedrooms...

have a nice trip!!!

Stayed: September 2010
Reviewed February 3, 2011

I was recently on a trip and stayed at Ree Hotel. It was a pretty hotel with a nice lobby. Staff is very curtious but had a hard time understanding English. Bathroom has dim lighting, mold on chaulking, and fixtures are loose. Things such as complimentary toothbrush and soap were dinged up like they tryed to recycle old boxes. My daughter broke a water glass in the room and I was charged $5 for it. I accept responsibility for the broken glass and would have happily paid for it but I don't think that I should have to pay $5 for something that might have cost $0.10. I argued with dest clerk about the cost being way inflated but she just told me that it was hotel policy. Anyone know the cost of a plain glass 3" x 3" (no logo on it)?

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed January 23, 2011

We stay there 2 nights / 2 day. First night we had problem with hot water (one room) and second day too (second room). Hot water was very cool. Jakuzi and sauna is not function. Breakfast is good but without Ham and Cheese. It is 4 stars hotel? You can there give at toust (bread) max. butter and Jam.

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed January 9, 2011

We booked the hotel as part of a package and were generally happy with our choice.

The good points:
The location is not remote from the attractions we were interested in - the temples, the night market, Pub Street and so on.

Rooms and the hotel in general were clean and quite well maintained. The staff were mostly all very friendly and polite and very helpful too, with suggestions on where to go and so on.

The Driver who picked us up deserves a special mention and if you're in Siem Reap looking for an English-speaking driver to take you around, do ask for Mr Ngoun Leng ('Leng') who is contactable on (855-12) 890 382. We asked him to take us around for a day to Beng Melea and Angkor Thom and had a great time. As he's older, you can ask him about the Khmer Rouge times - something the younger folk have no personal experience of.

The hotel spa offered a 40% discount voucher which my wife and I happily took advantage of with great satisfaction. We both decided on a Swedish Massage and had separate rooms as there was no couple's room. Both of us had a great, relaxing massage and had even dozed off!

Free internet access was extremely nice to have too.

The not-so-good points:
Our room fridge cycled off and on with an audible shudder. I can generally go to bed in a noisy environment so was unaffected but others may not be so lucky. We didn't complain though as it wasn't a big deal for me and my wife sleeps with earplugs...

Buffet Breakfast was really nothing to shout about and to be honest, I really couldn't have much on our last couple of days - the spread was not that extensive and just about the same every day, and not very apetising. For those who might get up early (and we generally are but decided to have a lazy holiday this time around) you might want to get out and have a local breakfast instead. Mind you, the food wasn't bad, just not very inviting.

Our bed was very bouncy and the pillows a little on the high side which didn;t give us a very restful sleep.

Others:
We didn't use the pool or other facilities so have no comment on that. We didn't have meals in either so have only breakfast to go by in terms of the quality of the fare offered.

The view from our room, looking over the pool wasn't too bad either.

Summary:
It's a more than decent hotel and our niggles were few and not significant. I'm not sure I'd recommend it outright (I marked 'No' in this review as there is no middle-ground choice), but I certainly wouldn't discourage someone from making a booking.

All things considered, we probably won't be repeat customers - we'd probably go for something just a bit nearer town next time - if it doesn't have better breakfast, it'll at least be near other places that would offer that.

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 10, 2010

My cousin was staying at the Ree Hotel for a business trip, so I just had to pay for the extra bed. With peak season not having started yet, I managed to get this for only $12 per night - excellent value considering it included a large buffet breakfast and also complimentary mineral water and tea and coffee in the room as well as free WiFi in the room. The air-conditioned room was clean, comfortable and spacious.

The staff was very friendly and always willing to help. They do tend to be forgetful though; they forgot to meet me at the airport and I had to call to remind them to pick me up, but were extremely apologetic about it. Wakeup calls were not punctual, once 10 minutes early and once half an hour late. But once aware of these potential hiccups, it's easy to avoid them.

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed October 19, 2010

Good hotel to stay. Friendly staff and has all amenities you are looking for.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled as a couple