“Nice place to stay”

Ranked #141 of 493 Siem Reap B&B and Inns
Novosibirsk, Novosibirsk, Russia
“Nice place to stay”
Reviewed October 23, 2013

We came to European Gesthouse by chance as we were so tired to look for the one we had in mind. Our taxidriver was happy too when we decided to stay here as he didn't know where the other one was. The staff was friendly and loyal from the beggining till the end of our stay. The area is green and quiet, so you can sit down on a cosy sofa and plan your trip, meet people, get any info in the reception. Not all the rooms have windows, but we don't spend much time in the room. We were allowed to check out late (as we came late when check in) free of charge and it was a really great present as we had a night bus leaving at 8 p.m. Also it's spacios area to play for a child. We enjoyed our stay and recomend this place for families with children or backpackers.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Murray_Macmillan, Owner at European Guesthouse, responded to this review, October 23, 2013
Hi. Thank you for your nice review and we are happy that you enjoyed your stay. We are always very happy to get positive feedback from our guests.

Thanks

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
Charenton-le-Pont, France
Reviewed October 21, 2013

I stayed four nights. Great guest house with a beautiful garden. I liked to drink a cocktail with my friends in this garden. The staff was very friendly and gived good advices for Angkor visit. The boss is very symptathic. The animals too (dog and cats). And Angkor is one of the most beautiful place in the world.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Murray_Macmillan, Owner at European Guesthouse, responded to this review, October 21, 2013
Thank you for your nice review. I share all the reviews with the staff and it gets the day off to a great start to be able to show them that they are doing a terrific job.

Best Regards!!
Japan
Reviewed October 20, 2013 via mobile

During my long bus ride to siem reap I was looking up nice guesthouses to stay using the free wifi on bus. Came across this one and one thing that caught my eye was that the owner replies to each review which gives it a personal touch. Upon arrival I paid for 2 nights but ended up staying 6 because was a really nice relaxing home to come back to after doing tours each day around the area. Owner has just bought a brand new pizza oven and cooks absolutely amazing pizzas. clean huge room and super friendly staff who are always willing to help. Also they can book everything for you and not get scammed.n. beautiful outside garden area with sofas and has bar. Only about 10mins walk along the river bank to old market or 1$ for bike taxi

Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
Thank you for your very kind review. I like to reply to each of the reviews we get and either we are happy that we are doing things right or we might learn how to do things better.

I am glad you like the pizzas. We are very proud of our new oven!! :)
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 30, 2013

I stayed at the European Guesthouse for almost a week and I have to say the staff at the hotel were brilliant. They arranged all my tuk-tuk rides into the town centre and my tour of the multiple Temples in Ankhor all at very competitive prices. On top of that the drivers would wait for me to finish up wherever I visited, whether it was to the market, the mall or the temples and would safely see me back to my hotel, which was nice and gave me a little extra sense of security out their. The guesthouse room was spacious and clean, with AC,a fan, electric shower, bedside lamps and a TV with US sports channels that show the English Premier League. I had a great experience in Cambodia and all the staff were more than helpful.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
Murray_Macmillan, Owner at European Guesthouse, responded to this review, October 1, 2013
Thank you for your very kind review. I publish these reviews for our staff and it is always nice to be able to show them that they are appreciated.

Come again!!!
Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam
Reviewed September 25, 2013

I was there for just 2 nights, but I love that place. Staffs were friendly, and the owner was too good to discount 50% a single room for me. The place is clean, with a lovely garden and mini bar. However, it is not near the Night market and pub street, maybe it takes 20 mins, and the street is quiet at night. So, it's a little bit inconvenience for girls.
Plus, if you want a tuk tuk to visit Angkor, just ask the receptionist. He will give you all Information with cheap price more than other.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
Murray_Macmillan, Owner at European Guesthouse, responded to this review, September 27, 2013
Thank you very much. Please come again!!
Reviewed September 25, 2013

This is a clean and nice gesthouse. The staff will give you a lot of information. A good option. They have just installed a brand new pizza oven. A quiet place where the staff speaks english and with very cleans rooms

• Stayed September 2013
Murray_Macmillan, Owner at European Guesthouse, responded to this review, September 25, 2013
Thank you very much. Please come again!!
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 2, 2013

Had a wonderful time. Stayed in a family room which was clean and cool. Garden was big enough for kids to explore without getting lost while we relaxed in the garden bar area.The staff were very helpful organising our temple trip and great with the kids. Will recommend to all my friends.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank James C
Murray_Macmillan, Owner at European Guesthouse, responded to this review, September 3, 2013
Hi

Always nice to get a good review. Thank you.

Murray