“Average dive & food OK”

Cuisines: Irish
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed September 16, 2013

This was my very first eating place I'd called into after arriving in Siem Reap on the 3/8/13, I only stayed for 45 min's & ordered a bugger with french fries & coffee, meal size was average & juice OK, the service a little slack with little interest. When I arrive at Molly Malones I expected the place to be much busier being a late Saturday afternoon. I only visited once & for me no need to return.

Reviewed August 25, 2013

My husband, mother and I had dinner at Molly Malones on 2 occasions, trying out the pasta dishes, fish & chips, and baked potatos. All were quite average in taste. The bar itself is a great place to go to, to watch tourists and locals go by, and the service is great. The food is a little on the expensive side when compared to other restaurants, and on about the same pricing level as The Blue Pumpkin. If it's Western food you're after, and you don't mind spending a couple of dollars more, then head to The Blue Pumpkin at the other end of Pub Street.

Also, a word of warning to anyone approaching Molly Malones - this street is a Mecca for scam artists. You will find women and children walking around with babies begging for milk formula. They will grab a tourist and beg them to go to the local mart at the end of the street to buy milk formula for the baby. Once the tourist has left, they sell the formula back to the mart at half the price, ensuring all parties make a profit out of the tourists. The babies are 'rented' out, so are exposed to the elements almost 24 hours a day, while people walk around with them, begging. Do NOT support this scam. If you wish to help poverty stricken locals then get in contact with a local NGO who will show you the best way to help.

Reviewed August 21, 2013

Sunday nights for $8 dollars you can have an Irish Roast. Either Roast Beef or Chicken, with some veggies, potatoes, and a pint. We had a nice meal on the second floor looking out over the night market. For pub grub it was pretty good. I'd recommend if you were looking for a hearty, thanksgiving style meal on a sunday night.

Reviewed August 11, 2013

We wanted to have some decent western meal considering we had our fill of local food there, and came across this place while walking on pub street.

In our visit to Phuket, Molly Mallones there was really delish and service was awesome, so we just thought this must be equally good. We were SO WRONG!

We ordered Buffalo wings, Lasagna, 2 types of burgers (Angus and local beef) and stew. The buffalo wings was a joke, it's a flour coated deep fried wings, that resembles KFC, but tasted totally off and does not look or come close to buffalo wings. The fries were soggy, and some of the food was already cold when served. I think it's also because they wanted to serve all the mains together but failed to cook them at the same time, causing some of the food to go cold when arrived our table. The lasagna was very rubbery, and the rest wasn't worth mentioning.

Overrall was a bad experience. Will never go back there again.

Reviewed July 26, 2013

The food was average and the waitress OK. If you are on the second floor you can watch the action in the street. Have never seen so many women using the baby with baby bottle begging scam nor seen so many old men with young young women was very entertaining. The bourbon was good and we enjoyed the evening.