“Irish Bars should stay in Dublin”
Review of Molly Malones - CLOSED

Molly Malones
Cuisines: Bar, British, Pub, Irish
Good for: Large groups, Bar scene
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Television, Waitstaff
Siem Reap, Cambodia
“Irish Bars should stay in Dublin”
Reviewed April 16, 2013

I have to declare my hand by saying that I am biased against ALL Irish pubs in Asia/Spain/Portugal or wherever else they try to re-create them.

Molly Malones in Siem Reap does nothing to change my view. It is a pale imitation of the real thing and, in many ways, a pale imitation of some of the imitations.

I have been in 3 times. Once for a cooling a drink - even though I knew it would be typically overpriced (as a theme pub usually is). It didn't appeal. On a later visit the missus wanted to try it and she liked the surroundings and general ambiance. I have to accept that the replication may have appeal - especially to Asians who are unfamiliar with the real thing.

The 3rd time was for a Christmas meal last December. I have to applaud MM's for producing a Xmas menu (where many competitors had not) and for accurately taking the online order. The food was acceptable (in the case of the pumkin soup, very acceptable) but with 2 starters, 2 main courses and 1 dessert the menu was a bit limited.

Overall (on the occasions I have been there, the place lacks atmosphere and there is a sterility about the place. Lack of warmth of service did not soften that feeling.

• Visited December 2012

Providence, Rhode Island
“Never talk to the drunk bar owner.”
Reviewed April 9, 2013 via mobile

Molly's was more or less empty but I decided to go in to quench my thirst with a cold one in the bar. The bar owner, an expat, was there chugging down drinks and being totally disrespectful to his staff and the Cambodian way of doing things. Tried to have a conversation with the man but he was totally incoherent. I paid for my beer and left. I would not recommend this place after seeing what I saw.

• Visited April 2013
1 Thank Reslimpan
Phnom Penh, Cambodia
“good food”
Reviewed April 5, 2013

Went there because of the Irish name wounderfull food very good live group that could play many request.The staff were very freindy and help full.Only down side the owner ( a French guy)
was one of the most miserable people I have ever meet

• Visited April 2013
Ogden,Utah
“Live music”
Reviewed March 15, 2013

We were lucky to enjoy some lively music here one night, along with our beers, WIFI and Caesar salads. The atmosphere is comfortable with a good view of the street if you sit outside. Loved it.

• Visited February 2013
Pattaya, Thailand
“Great menu and nice house wine”
Reviewed March 12, 2013

The restaurant can be seen from the corner of Pub St. The menu has many selections including steaks from Australia. The outdoor seating is nice. I loved the red house wine with ice in a glass. I had a steak which was delicious. The food was delicious and the service was outstanding. I highly recommend Mollys.

• Visited March 2013