“Fresh and delicious food made with a passion for quality, flavor and bringing a taste of Italy to siem reap!”
Review of L'oasi Italiana

L'oasi Italiana
Ranked #180 of 899 Restaurants in Siem Reap
Good for: Special occasions, Romantic, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Chicago, Illinois
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
Reviewed February 26, 2013

I never write reviews online but thought that after my experience tonight I should share this Italian gem off the beaten track. It already has rave reviews online and is a quick under 10 minute tuk tuk ride on the other side of the river. I love food and find a good meal, with good company in a beautiful setting an experience I look forward to. The restaurant is set in this gorgeous garden with individual tables set amongst their own little private space surrounded by flowers and trees. Perfect place for a group or just a romantic dinner stuffing your face with deliciousness. I was with my boyfriend and we are backpackers on a budget. The quality of food for the price is amazing. We started with the grande antipasti which had a assortment of homemade meats and cheeses, bruschetta, amazing marinated eggplant, salmon crostini, caprese and warm bread. They take so much pride in making all their meats and cheeses in house, along with their dough and pasta. The appetizer was $9 and worth every cent. Next we both had the cheese filled gnocchi. So light and fluffy, not doughy at all. Exactly how it should taste. Mine was puttanesca style and was wonderful and my boyfriend had his with ham, mushrooms, fresh cheese with a cream sauce. Our pastas were $6.50 and I was stuffed, which doesn't happen often. We ended with the chocolate mousse which was light and round with great chocolate flavors without a heavy richness. The meal was wonderful but it was even better because both the owner Roberto and the chef Ti Ti came over to introduce themselves and tell us a bit about the restaurant. Such friendly warm people. It was a gem hearing the chef talk about his food with so much passion, pride and love for what he does. telling us about the meats and cheeses they make, the fresh ingredients from Italy they receive. The owner even offered a cheese plate for us on the house. We are leaving siem reap in 2 days but are going back for one last meal. One of my most enjoyable Italian meals I have had and topped off with wonderful hospitality. Don't miss this place!

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
Watford
“Great setting shame about the service”
Reviewed February 23, 2013

An out of town resturant in a lovely garden setting. Good food but although plenty of staff nobody actually seemed to work!! Having made the effort to get there you would have thought they might have been pleased to see you.

• Visited February 2013
Siem Reap, Cambodia
“First rate Italian food in great setting”
Reviewed January 10, 2013

If the sameiness of Siem Reap's restaurant scene is getting you down. Grab a tuk tuk head up the river and go to L'Oasi.

The best Italian food in town. They have their own butchers and cheese makers to ensure the authenticity of the grub.

It's a romantic setting with indoor and outdoor seating - and it's a great place for a first date.

The food is excellent (though bigger portions would be appreciated). The Carbonara, the Sea Food risotto, the anti-pasti plate were all delicious. We go regularly and it's worth the little extra they charge.

• Visited January 2013
1 Thank Nick-Kellingley
“Actually tastes like italian”
Reviewed December 14, 2012

Excellent italian just a touch outside the city. The venue is atmospheric with tables under huts in a garden. We both loved all the dishes that were served.

Note: they actually make their own cheese so make the most of it!

Visited December 2012
1 Thank Cdn_nomad83
london, uk
“Not worth seeking out”
Reviewed December 9, 2012

We went here on a recommendation from a friend who had recently lived in Siem Reap. If you are visiting the area for a couple of days, I definitely don't recemmond you seak this restaurant out. It's on a dark and dirty lane, quite far out of town.

I can confidentally say that the service was as poor as I've ever experienced. We were sat in the front garden area, reasonably nice outdoor setting and throughout the entire evening, we saw the waiting staff twice. Once to deliver a single one menu to our party of 8 and take our order while waiting, and the second and final time was to dole-out the plates of profoundly average pasta dishes, after a very long wait. All the food was edible, but it was nothing special (as a guy once said - even bad italian food is still good).

There was a ridiculous delay waiting for the bill as the staff couldn't find a pen - this required 3 visits to the front desk before esablishing that as the problem.

This was our first night in Siem Reap and we felt stupid for wasting it out in this atmosphere-less and vacuous restaurant - with all the buzz and fun going on in the town centre. Siem Reap is jammed full of great restaurants, visitors don't need to come out here.

This would be the kind of place that I would go to if I lived in Siem Reap and wanted to get away from the crowds, but as a tourist - why would you come all the way to Siem Reap just to leave it again for an italian restaurant?

• Visited December 2012