“Awful service....”

Chamkar
Ranked #111 of 1,143 Restaurants in Siem Reap
Good for: Business meetings, Local cuisine, Romantic, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Description: Chamkar is an authentic vegetarian restaurant featuring fine and genuine Khmer cuisine in a friendly and cosy atmosphere. We cook with fresh local vegetables, and strive to use organic ingredients whenever possible, providing a gourmet and healthy dining experience for all lovers of fine food.
Reviewed June 1, 2019

I remember this place from many years ago and was rather impressed. However over the years both food and service seemed to have slipped. I was the only person dining and was sitting on the terrace outside. Order and food delivers very swiftly but other than that there was nothing. I wanted to order wine but no one came up. I finished my meal and sat there for over 20 mins before I decided to get up and leave. I went down and payed the bill, only to fine 6 people sitting around doing absolutely nothing. When I payed and left they stated laughing which I thought was bizarre.
Food bland....service absolutely awful!!!!!!!!
Stay away!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Date of visit: June 2019
General M, General Manager at Chamkar, responded to this reviewResponded July 25, 2019

Dear Scottyldn,
We are very sorry to hear you experience with us was as bas as you mention.
I understand how it can be frustrating to wait to be served, my team have been told about your experience and will not happen again.
During May 2019 the frequentation in Siem reap was very low, and as always, when the business is not running as it should do, the team may lost motivation and work very slowly, plus in Asia, when people are embarrassed, they are laughing,i hope you did not take personally.
that is not a excuse, that s a explanation, sorry again for your wait.

Write a reviewReviews (1,156)

Reviewed May 13, 2019 via mobile

This tiny restaurant is located just around the corner from The Red Piano near Pub Street in the Old Market.
The food is totally delicious and complete free of MSG or fish sauce. We had the Oyster mushrooms, glass noodles and the red curry with their organic brown rice and very cheap San Pellegrino. 1/4 of the price of a simple vegetarian curry in our hotel.

Date of visit: May 2019
Reviewed May 9, 2019 via mobile

Highly recommended. Great taste and excellent presentation! Do visit if you’re in Siem Reap, Pub Street!

Date of visit: May 2019
2  Thank rikitashah
Reviewed April 26, 2019

It will need time! We are not talking about fast food - but you would not regret it. Dishes are plenty and very delicious.

Date of visit: April 2019
Reviewed April 25, 2019

... who bypass vegetarian places thinking a good meal needs meat.

The dishes we had chosen tonight were excellent. The wedding dip is an explosion of flavors. The mango salad was really tasty, the spring rolls were very balanced.

This is gourmet cuisine despite the fact that the place is located near a quite tourist heavy environment. It's in a pedestrian area close to Pub Street.

If you want a romantic dinner with your Julia then ask for the one and only table on the balcony.

Date of visit: April 2019