Pacific Hotel & Spa
$51
$48
$179
$161
Golden Temple Residence(Siem Reap)
$107
  • Breakfast included
$130
$120
All reviewscolonial roomfour poster bedclose to the airporttuk tukangkor watguest servicesbreakfast buffetpool barfront office managerthe hotel stafflarge poolvery nice hotelamazing staffwould recommend this hotel to anyonepub streetpool sidefantastic stay
FilterAll languages
Reviewed February 20, 2013

We finished our Thailand Cambodia tour in Siem Riep and were very happy with the Pacific Hotel and their staff. We could not have been much happier with the Pacific Hotel. The staff in particular was very helpful and friendly. Since we were tired as it was the end of our tour, we spent more time in the hotel than we did at other stops. Swimming in the very clean pool, getting drinks or snacks from the outdoor bar, etc. The rooms are spacious, and as far as we could tell, all were quiet. Ours certainly was. The hotel is on the Airport road out of town, so is a cheap taxi or tuktuk ride into the center of town with the markets, both the Old Market and one or more of several night markets. The hotel is convenient to the Angkor Archaeological Park and the most popular temples of Angkor Wat, Angkor Thom (with Bayon) and Ta Prohm (featured in an Angelina Jolie movie). Every guide seems to have met Angelina Jolie, or at least says so. We were on a cheap tour, so assume the hotel is excellent value for independent travelers. In addition to Angkor Wat and other temples we recommend a visit to Tonle Sap Lake and its fishing villages.

2  Thank IndependentCouple
Reviewed February 20, 2013

I recently spent 4 nights at The Pacific Hotel. The room was large, beautiful and sparkling clean. The staff was extremely friendly and provided very attentive service. The poolside bar provided very good light meals at very inexpensive prices. The buffet breakfast was outstanding and included options of many international flavors. Cars, tours and guides were readily available from the concierge at reasonable rates. The hotel is a mere $3 tuk-tuk ride from the center of town and the night market. It was a very enjoyable place to relax while seeing the beautiful sites of Cambodia.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank RichFUSA
Reviewed February 17, 2013

staff really try to make the experience amazing for you..hotel is actually oversupplied with staff.. alot of them with nothing to do but chat with you and ask how you are doing.. which is always fine..because you would be hard pressed to fine anything to compalin about it... it is fairly plastic and las vegassy, but after lots of time at various establishments in se asia it was a welcome relief to just relax... rooms are gorgeous... lovely decor and super comfortable... pool is clean and great...

Room Tip: overlooking the pool you may not like the music which is super reptitive..
1  Thank ComoxLib
Reviewed February 16, 2013

I have traveled in much of of the world and I have stayed in countless nice hotels. The best service I have ever received from a hotel was here at the Pacific. I came to Siem Reap to do some volunteer English teaching at a primary school. I booked a room here for two days thinking that I could come to Siem Reap and and decide where I wanted to stay after I was able to look at the city. However, I was not aware that Siem Reap completely fills up during the Chinese New Year. My hotel was full for my third night there and Agoda showed "0" rooms available in the entire city. So... the manager of the hotel moved out of his room and went and stayed with a friend to make a room available!! The man literally gave up his home for me. And they even gave me a nightly rate that was much lower than the average rate in Siem Reap for a comparable hotel at that time.

And I have never seen a staff work so hard to provide top quality service in every other way as well. From the restaurant staff to the front desk to the cleaning people. Everyone constantly had a smile for me and they were always asking if there was anything I needed.

This hotel is listed as a 4 star hotel, but it is really probably a 5 star hotel. The rooms are definitely 5 star. The service is 5 star. The breakfast buffet is probably 5 star (the best coffee I have had in Asia). And the building is fairly new and has some really beautiful features.

Room Tip: Try to get a room on the opposite side of the building from the pool. They have a band play live music until 11:00 next to the pool on most nights, so it is a bit loud on the pool side of the building until 11:00 PM.
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank JimOHFL
Reviewed February 14, 2013

We booked with a travel agent in Korea and made the mistake of taking a 'package' deal that included airfare, hotel, meals, and some sites. The Korean Air flights were good, touring the sites was pretty bad as the agent wanted to move us along so that we'd spend some money where he could make a commission.
The hotel and its staff were great! The room was large and comfortable but the selling point for me was the knowledge of staff. They were incredibly helpful! We ended up splitting from the group, and through the hotel were able to hire a car and driver for $35 for a day. The driver was competent and extremely helpful and polite. They gave us all the details and alternatives! Breakfast buffet was great! Their bakery definitely knows how do to do a baguette right!

Room Tip: Get a room facing the pool; rooms on the street side, though not excessively noisy, are a tad 'busier'. Get to know the duty managers. They are extremely helpful.
1  Thank Art M