Book In Advance

from $59.00
More Info
from $34.00
More Info
All reviews steep climb mountain temple left unfinished mount meru step pyramid impressive structure angkor wat worth the effort worth a visit ta nei small circle hindu mythology sandstone unfit tallest carvings eroded
Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

I loved this temple, it was my favourite place out of all of them ( we did them all) go 7.30 in the Morning and enjoy it quiet, sit at the top and just take it in.

You have to do some climbing but really is worth it, it shows you the effort the builders put into it and the work they are putting into it to restore it. A must see.

Warning. It is very high, no edges at all even at the top and you have to climb up the original stairs that are very uneven and often missing chunks so I recommend you not attempt this with children or if you struggle with mobility. Flip flops are also not a good idea.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

We visited Ta Keo temple and very good views at the top. You can claim up and see surrounding views it was so nice and windy over there. Look to the everybody from the top you saw them small. This temple was support to restore by China government. It was proud that we are Chinese went to visit that temple.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

I had told our guide I wanted to see as many temples as we possible could in 2 days and he gave us our money’s worth. I hadn’t really heard of this wat but we stopped anyway. My wife, who was feeling tired at this point, suddenly became energized because she noticed it was being restored by the Chinese Government. With her interests renewed, I decided to take advantage of it and so we left. We heard an argument at the entrance. A lady who had wanted to take her boy up the steps, which are very steep, was stopped. She couldn’t figure out why and she was speaking Chinese. My wife intervened and told her about the height restrictions. We made it about half way to the top of the final phase but the views weren’t worth the effort and so we didn’t finish our assent to the top. This is in my opinion a wat that could be skipped.

Reviewed September 20, 2018

My most memorable thing about this temple is the steps - steep, high and sometimes uneven steps - all the way to the top. Our driver warned us not to attempt them if we are afraid of heights. But this was only our second temple so we still had lots of energy! We thought of the killer stairs in Angkor Wat and how my 10-year-old daughter would not be allowed to go up to the top level there. So we went up Ta Keo's steep steps, sometimes on all fours, and enjoyed the challenge very much! Nice view at the top. Took lots of photos with the ruin walls. We were very, very glad we did it because we found out later that the much anticipated killer stairs in Angkor Wat are now off limits!

Reviewed September 17, 2018

On a three day ticket so decided to stop and look at this one as I was passing,it is a square pyramid temple that was not completed so very little in the way of ornate carving as on most other temples.You can climb up to he top as I did but the steps are very steep with very high step sizes with no hand rail and some of the steps are eroded away so great care is needed,even though it is very high the only view from the top is of the surrounding trees,Glad I stopped but won"t rush back.

Reviewed September 5, 2018

A classical temple mountain with 5 terraces, Ta Keo shows beautiful proportions. But the lack of decorative elements leaves us with the impression of an unfinished monument. Unfortunately the restauration works by Chinese destroyed the authenticity of the building because they used visible steel joists to strengthen the statics.

Reviewed September 3, 2018 via mobile

Amazing and no words to describe how to carry all stones, granite? to the top, not the light sandstone.

It was raining during my visit and feel the wind and pouring rain.

Reviewed August 16, 2018 via mobile

Probably my least favourite temple simply because there is very little to see - the temple was never completed and as such there is no decoration or reliefs. The pyramid is cool, from the bottom! The stairs are horrendously steep (avoid in wet weather) climbing 72ft to the top. All you can see from the top are trees. Personally I wouldn’t bother climbing it.

Reviewed July 13, 2018 via mobile

steep climb to the top of the temple. my wife gor scared and didnt make it up. on top there is NO great view as the temple is not high enough to be above the trees. thus, all you see is the trees in front of the temple. going down is quite hard and could be dangerous especially on a rainy day as there is nothing to hold on to. in my opinion you should stay away fron this one.

Reviewed July 5, 2018

This is how this temple is also known. Being a Hindu temple, it is different from nearby Ta Prohm and Ta Nei. It is the less decorated of them, nobody knows the reason why it remains unfinished.
It's a five tiers pyramid temple, a step pyramid, with five towers on the top platform, as a symbolic representation of Mount Meru. Top and intermediate platforms are accessible, but you need to be fit and have no fear of heights as the stairs are very steep and narrow, some of them eroded, with no handrail.
Even if you can't reach any of the platforms, the temple really worth a visit.