Rosy Guest House
Amansara(Siem Reap)
  • Breakfast included
J7 Hotel(Siem Reap)
View Hotel
All reviewsshared bathroomfree pool tabledvd playertuk tuk driverbudget roomair connice guesthousewestern foodhome away from homepub streetcleaned every daygreat place to stayangkor watfree pickstayed here for nightstown centremin walk
FilterAll languages
Reviewed October 2, 2010

I stayed at Rosy's after being at another guesthouse in Siem Reap. I wanted to stay at Rosy's because of the welcoming atmosphere and the backpacker feel. I really had a wonderful stay. I was traveling solo but there were no single rooms available, so it was not the best value for me, but nonetheless I was very pleased. The owners are very helpful and friendly and the staff were SO sweet. When I left, one of the girls who I had kind of made friends with told me, quite seriously, that she really wanted me to come back and that she would miss me! Overall, it was a very good experience. Although some may say that the locations is slightly out of the way, I walked to and from the main part of town multiple times a day, and it was a pleasant walk along the river that took no more than 15 minutes, or it is a $2 tuk-tuk ride.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled solo
1  Thank Jamila G
Reviewed September 23, 2010

I've stayed at Rosy Guesthouse on two occasions now and it has easily been the best place I've stayed in my 8 months travelling. It is a scenic 15-20 minute walk or $1 tuk tuk ride away from the centre of town.

Both times I stayed in the $8 rooms with shared bathrooms (with hot showers), the bathroom was kept meticulously clean throughout the day by staff and my bedroom was also cleaned daily. All the rooms came with a TV and DVD player with a range HUGE range of DVD's to choose from (a blessing when you come in from a day at the temples and you just wanna relax in your room!)

The place is run by a British couple (Simon and Rachel) who were amazing and can give you invaluable local advice. The Khmer staff are some of the friendliest I've come across and are always smiling and attentive. I can vouch for the Western food being among the best you can get in Siem Reap and at extremely reasonable prices - you can't leave without trying the cornish pasty or tackling the 'big burger'!!. They also had Khmer food which I didn't try.

The restaurant/bar was an amazing place to chill out and meet new people which was crucial to me as a solo traveller. For entertainment, there was a big screen where films were shown regularly, free internet access, wifi, a pool table (<-- try and beat Simon, hes pretty good!!) and also a Wii. They also hold a quiz for local charities every month.

All in all, I'd highly recommend this place to anyone! Thanks Rosy for two amazing stays!

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled solo
1  Thank Tesh1e
Reviewed September 22, 2010

Run by a very friendly & helpful English couple Simon and Rachel with great local knowledge and a very warm welcome. Rooms all very clean and well kitted out - we stayed in a $20 and an $8 and both first class, while my bro and his wife took the very luxurious $30 option. All rooms have TV and DVD players with a massive collection of free discs to choose from and free wifi throughout. Lively bar downstairs with great western or local food, cheap beers, big screen and pool table, or a very enjoyable chill out zone upstairs for the lazier days. Reliable tuk tuk driver attached to the hostel for the temple trips and all the local staff are clearly very happy there - all with good english and very keen to please. A very peaceful nights's sleep and a short ride into the livelier parts of town for night's out whenever you want. Definitely recommend this one, an absolute pleasure from start to finish.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank tomhogg
Reviewed September 21, 2010

We stayed at Rosy Guest House for 10 days, I went with my daughter and grandchildren aged 8 and 10, my daughter's husband joined us in the second week. We were really pleased that we had chosen Rosy, going to a place like Siem Reap if you stay in a big grand hotel you feel very separate from the everyday life of the people, we could see the Monks wander past in the morning, the lady next door preparing her food on the pavement for the day, Tuk Tuk drivers and the every day life of Siem Reap passing by - fantastic. Our rooms were really comfortable all with en suite bathrooms - the rooms we stayed in were on the first floor and you could go out onto the balcony and watch the world go by. My youngest grandson loved playing pool. There was permanent internet access and Rachel and Simon who own the guest house were always ready to help in any way possible. For a more reasonably priced guest house which is clean, friendly and conveniently situated you cannot go wrong.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Daisy09
Reviewed September 17, 2010

stayed here... August 2010.... Yes yes yes yes yes........I've travelled in Europe and South East Asia in the last 2 years, this is the best hostel ive stayed in! the staff and owners are so friendly and incredibly helpful..... the rooms are affordable and kept spotless! cheers guys!!!

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled as a couple