“Cosy Rosy”

Ranked #36 of 486 Siem Reap B&B and Inns
Nelson-Tasman Region, New Zealand
“Cosy Rosy”
Reviewed March 19, 2014 via mobile

My family and I stayed at Rosy Guest House Jan 2013, we found the atmosphere, service, staff, rooms, and everything excellent, we would recommend this Guest house to families and young adults. Especially soccer fans!! We would also stay there again when we are back in Siem Reap.
Thank you so much to everyone who blessed us with a fabulous stay.

Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
Rosy_Guesthouse, Manager at Rosy Guest House, responded to this review, April 8, 2014
Hello and thank you for your review of your stay at Rosy Guesthouse. We are delighted that your family reviewed your stay with us as “excellent”! We really like having families stay and look forward to welcoming your family back again when you are back in Siem Reap. Best wishes, Rachel on behalf of the Rosy Guesthouse Team.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (65)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Zurich, Switzerland
Reviewed March 16, 2014

We stayed at Rosy for three nights to visit the temples of Angkor. The guest house's tuktuk driver picked us up from the bus station (no problems at all) and the staff gave us a very warm welcome. The room in general was very nice. Only a bit dark and the bathroom has surely seen better times. Nevertheless it was clean and big enough for two people. The downstairs bar is very nice, a good variety of drinks and really good (western) food. Most of the Cambodian staff speaks very good English and people are extremely down to earth and friendly. Also they seem to be involved in some charity work (e.g. the money for bicycle rentals goes to charity) which I consider a big bonus. It's a 15min walk to the centre (or a $1 tuktuk ride), hence not really centrally located but perfect for going to Angkor as its on that side of town. For sure I'd recommend it.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Hello and thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us. I’m glad to hear that our pre arranged pick up service went smoothly and that you were welcomed warmly by our reception staff. I’m happy to hear you liked your room and I’m sorry if you found your room to be a bit dark; all of our rooms all have bedside lights as well as wall/ceiling lighting and windows to the outside. Our bathrooms are lined up for renovation following the rewiring of the last room in our property that hasn’t yet been rewired with a keycard electrical system. Upkeep and redecoration of the guesthouse is a constant job (a bit like the Golden Gate bridge); in fact my partner is painting today! Our bar and restaurant is popular, and I’m glad that you enjoyed spending time there and our range of food too. We rent bicycles, as well as selling cards commission free to help support local charities. We also run twice monthly fundraisers for local NGOs which has generated over $18,000 for charities since January 2010. We feel it’s important to help the community that we live in through supporting charities that we know do good work. I’m glad that you like this concept. Best wishes for your future travels, we hope to see you again if you return to Siem Reap. Kind Regards, Rachel on behalf of the Rosy Guesthouse Team.
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed March 3, 2014

We thought Rosy's was really good value and a really friendly place to stay. Smiley in the bar gave us a lot of good travel advice and even helped us find an alternate hotel when we wanted to stay longer and they were fully booked. Bar very friendly and restaurant food good and cheap. Recommended if you want good value, no frills with a good bar atmosphere.

Room Tip: Our room on level 1 was a little noisy due to bar noise up until 11pm - but ear plugs are the travel...
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed February 19, 2014

I spent four nights at Rosy's, and paid USD 9 per night for a private single bedroom with a shared bathroom. It is arguably the best run guest house I have encountered in Asia.

Everything works: hot water, water pressure, wifi, electricity, rooms and common areas are clean... It is obvious that the staff spends a lot of time making sure things run smoothly.
Staff helpfulness is extended to their guests. A tuc-tuc awaits you at the bus station when you arrive, excellent advice is dispensed on things to do, and the hotel staff will organise everything for you at a reasonable price.

The location if perfect for access to both the temples and the restaurants/bars around Siem Reap.

If you are hungry, they serve excellent Western food and cheap draught beer.

The only downside is that the building has zero charm (from the outside, it could easily be a gas station). But frankly, given the quality of the accommodation and the amazing staff, I did not care.

Value for money, at USD 9 for a single private room with shared bathroom, is also outstanding.

I would look to stay there again if I go back to Siem Reap.

Room Tip: The budget rooms are perfect.
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled solo
Phnom Penh
Reviewed February 18, 2014

I just ducked in for a night while in transit between Thailand and Phnom Penh, but I was extremely impressed with this place.

Reservations with no deposit were made online, and Rosy even offered free tuk-tuk pick-up from the airport. I also asked them to arrange in advance the purchase of a bus ticket to Phnom Penh, which they did and seemed to take very little commission. Once arriving, I stepped into a relaxed bar environment where a man greeted me warmly, gave me my bus ticket and showed me up to my room, then said "When you're ready, bring your passport down." Payment is normally due upon check-OUT, but since I was leaving early the next morning, I agreed to pay up-front when I appeared downstairs 10 minutes later. It was after 9pm but the kitchen was still open, so I ordered some Western food (a bit pricey), and borrowed a couple DVDs to watch from their free collection.

The guesthouse was tastefully decorated in a way that my lack of design knowledge can unfortunately not effectively put into words, but I can say that colors and textures and lighting were coordinated to create a cool, relaxed mood. There were spaces to socialize in and nooks to tuck away in to nap or read. Each floor that I passed on my way up felt slightly different.

I stayed in the absolute cheapest room possible - a tiiiiiiiiiiny fan room with a shared bathroom outside and down the hall a bit for $9 (room rates are fixedly displayed on a sign at check-in; no dodgy, two-tiered pricing!) - and yet it was also decorated in Angkor style with a soft mattress. Being on the end, it even had a window. (Used to paying twice as much for dull, characterless rooms with no natural light, this was Heaven.) Although barely larger than a walk-in closet, the room was a clean and cozy end to a series of unsatisfying guesthouses in Thailand. I could hear none of the commotion from downstairs and slept very well that night, though I concede that I think I may have been the only guest staying on the fourth floor.

The next morning I discovered that the guesthouse is located directly across the street from the Royal Garden - this means a broad view of UNSPOILED GREEN SPACE, one of the features I miss most after living more than two years in Phnom Penh. I retrieved the refrigerated breakfast I had ordered the night before from the cheerful night guard (and discovered I wasn't too fond of cold, scrambled eggs), and sat by waiting for bus pick-up as staff members arrived one-by-one.

Without prompting, one of the staff members called the bus company on my behalf when they were late.

All in all, a fantastic stay. Couldn't have been more satisfied. Will definitely recommend to friends and return to the next time I'm in Siem Reap.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled solo
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
Reviewed February 11, 2014

This was probably the best guesthouse we stayed in during our 10 week trip in South east asia.
Really good value for money. Rooms were really comfy. The staff were all great. Smiley was always a good laugh and he took my crazy mate out drinking when I was too hungover to keep up.
The food in the restaurant was really nice and cheap too.
Would definitely recommend

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank gr87_13
Siem Reap, Cambodia
Reviewed February 8, 2014

Rosy guest house helped us from the get go. They arranged a taxi to pick us up from the airport, even though we gave them the wrong flight numbers - they did their own homework and figured out which flight we were on and were there waiting for us!!!

Smiley - the bar manager was amazing. He showed us places, helped us arrange tours, and simply went out of his way to help and keep us happy. The rest of the staff are always cheerful and speak great English.

Because of this we now eat and drink there almost every day even though we live in another spot.

Highly recommend

Room Tip: Ask for the balcony on the top floor. :)
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled on business