“The staff here just don't care”
Review of Blue Pumpkin

Blue Pumpkin
Ranked #7 of 24 Dessert in Siem Reap
Good for: Families with children
Description: Bread, Bakery, Pastry, Danish, Cookies, Cakes Tart, Sandwich Salad,snack, Panini No Fruit Shake, Yogurt Shake, Ice Cream, Sorbet And Restaurant
Singapore, Singapore
“The staff here just don't care”
Reviewed June 6, 2013

I was at the branch opposite pub street as I wanted aircon coffee and cake.

I went in, I saw this Caucasian couple order at the seats so I sat down and asked for a menu, and a waitress told me to queue behind a group of people trying out the ice cream flavors. I waited, and then ordered paid and went back to my seat. There was no clean table and mine wasn't cleared for at least 10 minutes. Within this ten minutes, they served two people (who ordered after me) coffee. Then the said waitress went to clear the table of this Caucasian lady when she sat down, and the table next to me because there was a 2000r tip, but didn't clear mine. So I waited, and this male waiter brought my order, saw it wasn't cleared and called her over. Now, the guy looked busy entertaining the ice cream crowd, but this particular waitress was mainly standing around. Behind the bakery, by the seats, by the cashier, doing nothing.

The cake was good though.

• Visited June 2013

• Thai first
Provo, Utah
“Great Food and FUN”
Reviewed June 5, 2013

Sitting on Couches while we ate was FUN, the food was from good to Great. Make sure you go upstairs and get some treats on your way out.

• Visited May 2013
Singapore, Singapore
“Not The Best”
Reviewed May 31, 2013

We headed to Blue Pumpkin after an exceedingly tiring day of walking and exploring the Angkor temples and were in the mood for some grub to silence our hungry stomachs. Despite being more of a sandwich, salad and coffee place, we decided to order some Thai instead. This, as it turned out, was a mistake. The curries (we had ordered Red curry) were not at all spicy (despite having requested extra spicy as per the menu card numbering). Additionally the service must have mixed up our orders as only 2 of the three curries came in on time, while the 3rd order came in after we finished the first two. Our friend was miserably hungry by this time obviously.
But even the flavor and aroma of the red curries weren't all that great. At one point I almost felt as if I was served something from an instant curry packet.
In their defence, they are renowned for their cafe style food, so maybe we should have stuck with that section of the menu. The seating option on the upper level is a plus though, which has a long bed arrangement so patrons can simply stretch their legs and enjoy their meals just as they would breakfast in bed, which is a welcome treat for folks who have been on their feet all day.

Overall I think if you select the right food items, this place is not too bad.

• Visited May 2013
Richmond-upon-Thames, United Kingdom
“A Yummy and Relaxing Place!”
Reviewed May 26, 2013

Gotta love beating the summertime heat by resting in a comfy bed, in an air conditioned cafe, with a coconut shake at hand. So scrummy that my group and I headed back to The Blue Pumpkin at least a few more times during our stay in Siem Reap! Even though its not the "traditional" fare you would typically find in Asia, its nice to get a cold treat when the sun is getting to be a bit too much.

• Visited August 2012
1 Thank Jessa91
Philippines
“Great Restaurant...”
Reviewed May 26, 2013

Great Restaurant offering fantastic desserts and delicious food. Their breads are also a must try. Service is impeccable and there is a free wifi which is a plus. Blue Pumpkin has been a trademark in Siem Reap already for their ice cream and I should say they are really good specially after a long hot day shopping.

• Visited August 2012