“Really Nice, Clean, Centrally located and Well managed Guest House”

Encore Angkor Hotel
Ranked #170 of 486 Siem Reap B&B and Inns
Doha, Qatar
“Really Nice, Clean, Centrally located and Well managed Guest House”
Reviewed December 11, 2013

We stayed here as a part of group, we were in Siem Reap for 5 nights, it was a very clean guest house, nice room, well cleaned, nice bed sheets and toilets, AC running, everything was just wonderful.

Shoes were to be taken out before entering, I know it sound weird, but it was very convenient, they kept a chair outside to sit and do that, shoe racks to keep shoes, The room and hotel was kept cleaner, you could use indoor slippers if you had one, also they provided bathroom slippers.

Breakfast was nice, served outside in the porch, eggs cooked to order, a plate fruits, croissant with butter and jam, followed by tea or coffee.

Staff was really very humble, Thank you guys, you made the trip much more relaxing.

The lady at the reception helped us arrange tours, she bargained with Tuk tuk guys and recommends us place to visit, was very helpful, thank you

They had laundry service, which was quite decent, i think USD 2 per Kg, picked up and dropped to the room.

Hotel was a short work from main market, you could walk in and out anytime of the day or night as it was a well lit street with people on it.

I would definitely recommend this place, if a guest house is what you are looking for

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Khurram-Dubai

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
Helston, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 21, 2013

I absolutely stumbled upon Encore, and what a find.

The managers were fantastic and soon we felt a part of the family. It is a great base in Siam Reap very clean with a relaxed atmosphere. Soph, the beautiful representative cannot do enough for you.

I advised a friend to stay during his visit this year and he only had great things to say about it too.

Make sure you talk to the owners Soma and Sorath who have some incredible stories and are truly amazing and warm people.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Battambang, Cambodia
Reviewed November 4, 2013

We live in Cambodia and have adopted the Encore Angkor as our home away from home every time we travel to Siem Reap. It is the best value for the money of any hotel experience we've ever had. Soma and Sorath (the owners) and Sopheap (receptionist) will make your experience unforgettable. If you're looking for cleanliness, you'll find none cleaner. If you're looking for a great breakfast, this is the the best. If you want a quiet room, look no further. This hotel has a nice pool, is close to the Old Market, all of the Night Markets and a short walk from Pub Street with lots of great restaurants. I haven't given any hotel a higher recommendation.

Room Tip: We've stayed in many different rooms and find them all pretty equal. There aren't rooms with...
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed October 15, 2013 via mobile

Excellent value for money. Room very clean and comfortable. Staff very helpful and planned our time with guides to make the most of our stay. Breakfast was included and much better than we had imagined. Our washing was done for us and it only cost $2 fantastic. The location was excellent close to all the night markets and pub street.

• Stayed July 2013
1 Thank Umichele
Adelaide, Australia
Reviewed October 4, 2013

This place was booked for us by an NGO, and I am very happy to recommend it. The rooms are clean and comfortable, although the bed was a bit hard. The staff are some of the best and seemed like family. After a week in Battambang, we returned and the waiter knew my breakfast order and asked about our stay in Battambang. Breakfast was included and although basic, it was nice to sit under the pergola at the front instead of running around looking for a restaurant. It is located in easy walking distance of the night markets, spas and "pub street". In short I would come back here when I return to Cambodia.

Room Tip: Choose even numbered rooms
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank deetee632
Melbourne
Reviewed September 26, 2013

We stayed here for 3 nights. I was travelling with a friend and my 2 small boys aged 4 and 8.
We found the hotel and staff to be fabulous. The staff doted on my boys and looked after them extremely well, even to the extent of getting in the pool with them to watch them whilst I was delayed in getting down to the pool. The breakfast was quite simple; croissant with jam, juice, then eggs and bread followed by a plate of fresh fruit and accompanied by tea/coffee.
The location is excellent, Sok Sen is a quiet street but only 2 minutes walk from the Night Market and 'Pub Street'.
Our rooms were very clean and well serviced.
I booked via the hotel website and this was very easy and straightforward. We were met at the airport by Tuk Tuk and transferred to the hotel at no charge.
I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone travelling to Siem Reap!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank doona1967
Sydney
Reviewed September 12, 2013

Of the 5 nights I had pre-booked, I only stayed one. The curse set in the moment I arrived, when I was told (not asked) to remove my shoes before entering. This may not be a problem for a visitor but as a paying guest, I couldn’t imagine carrying my shoes to and from my room each time. I was eventually offered the type of room I had booked (Suite with Balcony) only to discover it was on the 2nd floor and next door to a construction site. While the bed was comfortable, the pillows were straight out of the Flintstones; rock hard! The curse continued when the phone in the room wouldn’t work and I had to travel down two flights of stairs to ask reception a question. And forget about the WiFi, it just didn’t work from my room. The router is too far away down a long corridor and will work if you sit on the floor underneath it.

These may not be problems for some people but for me, they were just not conducive to a happy holiday. Ms Soma and her staff were perfectly polite, friendly and understanding and I could not fault them in any way; they tried their hardest to please me but the curse had already set in.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled solo