“A must do!”

ATV Grand Sunset Tour
More attraction details
Fee: Yes
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: Explore the Cambodian countryside with our all-terrain vehicles... From the lush countryside to isolated villages, let Quad Adventure Cambodia take you for unforgettable memories! To avoid disappointment, please book directly with us through our reservation form online, you will receive very quickly a confirmation with a pick up time at your hotel or guest house.
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Reviewed November 10, 2013 via mobile

My girlfriend and I did the sunset tour. Rabb was our tour guide. It was just Rabb and the 2 of us which made it very personal. He was brilliant. We could stop whenever we wanted to take photos or admire the views. We got to see the Siem Reap country side. We were lucky enough to meet a rice farmer who was tending to his crops. Rabb translated what he was saying, which was very cool. It was our favourite activity in Siem Reap. I would definitely recommend it to anyone!!

2  Thank Connollygearoid
Write a ReviewReviews (2,971)
All reviews
in 37 reviews
"crocodile farm"
in 48 reviews

Reviewed November 10, 2013

I did a trip to Cambodia with three friends - all males and that was my first reason to sign up for the sunset tour. They wanted to get active and out there, and this tour didn't disappoint!
I pre-registered online for the Quad Adventures tour, and it turned out to be perfect. They picked my group up from our hotel and dropped us off afterwards. When we arrived at their site, there was a lesson to make sure we all knew how to operate the ATV's and then a test drive with one of the employees around the block to triple-check that we were all competent which made me feel rather safe about the whole tour. There was another group arriving to do the sunset tour when we were there, but we were able to go just the four of us alone with two tour guides. I know my group was really worried about the guides moving too slowly and the tour not being fun. However, I didn't think that was the case at all! You have one guide in front of you, leading the way and he was moving at a fast enough rate for our group, making sure that the boys were enjoying the speed. Another guide was following up in the rear, just in case anyone had any problems.

Riding through the rice paddies and local rural areas of Siem Reap was really amazing, one of my favorite parts of our Cambodia trip. I really felt like I escaped the tourist area of Siem Reap which was a little overwhelming at times. The whole tour is on dirt paths (don't worry you have a helmet and face masks to protect yourself), and you pass by local houses and farms - people in the river looking for fish and working in the rice paddies. The path was nice because you could choose to avoid or go over the bumpy parts, making the ride more fun - and different for those who want more of the adventure. There are cows EVERYWHERE, I had to stop and shoo them out of the way at times, never dangerous though. And all the local children come out to the side of the road to wave at you, which was fun.

There weren't any lockers or storage in the ATV, so whatever you bring, make sure to have a backpack or a purse that wraps around your body because it needs to be on yourself. We stopped along the dirt path to watch the sunset, really stunning - see the pictures attached. This is the only time in the tour that we saw other tourists doing a similar package with other companies. We did stop here for quite some time. We were talking to our tour guide the whole time, but I did feel like they were stretching out the time here in order to make the tour longer. When you head back towards the home site, you are driving in the dark, so make sure you feel comfortable doing that - or have glasses with you etc.

1  Thank catherinemc137
Reviewed November 10, 2013

I'd like to thank Quad Adventure Cambodia for another great 1/2 day tour, it's a real joy seeing the real Cambodia, you see how the real people live, and a big thanks to Visal for taking good care of us and passing on his local knowledge to us, and most of all bringing us back safe, if you want to have a great 1/2 day, full day or one of the many other tours on offer when in Siem Reap you can't go past Quad Adventure Cambodia, this is my second tour and it won't be my last, my wife will make sure of that, she loves it, safety is important to Q. A .C and they will ensure your safety. so if your in Siem Reap look them up, you won't be disappointing.

2  Thank dvspcs
Reviewed November 6, 2013

We faced some glitches during the booking of our quad adventure ride. We sent request for reservation via the website but did not receive any response. We only manage to obtain Nicole's response when i emailed directly to the email address. So perhaps Quad adventure should look into the website reservation option as customers may be lost as they don't receive any replies. None of the mails were in junk folder, it was rather bizzare.
Nevertheless, we really enjoyed our quad bike rides. My companions were saying how much they enjoyed it after the ride. We chose the sunset ride and rode through the beautiful paddy fields which i feel is even prettier than those paddy fields we saw during our horse riding. As i rode my quad bike without an instructor, i had a full hands on experience in moving in those bumpy terrains. Some of those terrains are not easy to move around especially in water or muddy areas with lots of pot holes.
I would actually recommend taking the trip during daylight as towards the end of my sunset ride, it was pure darkness. Not much scenery to look for during night fall.
All in all, enjoyed this experience! We even had a certificate to certify that we had ridden a quad bike! :)

1  Thank Scrimpter
See more reviews
Reviewed November 6, 2013

We did the Discovery Tour option … costing $60/person/Quad bike. We did a morning session tour to avoid the midday heat.

Booking was done through email as well as meet up time and place.

7am on the day, the staff was there and waiting for us. Again, warm, polite and friendly staff took us to the main office which is about 5 mins away from the city center area.

We did the paper work and the staff explain how to operate the bike before we did the testing to ensure we can operate and handle the bike before starting the tour. This is great as it demonstrate a certain level of responsibility.

The tour took just over 2 hours …. we went through the countryside …. rice fields …. seeing the local and actual day to day life of the people. There are plenty of photo stop opportunities … and we did stop along the way at our leisure.

The local and especially the kids are so happy to see you as you drove by … they ran out and wave … so nice. If we would have known that before we would bring along some candies/sweeties so we can give them to the kids …take note for those who planning to do this tour … something to consider.

About midway … we stopped for a drink in a local shop …. seeing more closely the everyday life of the local.

It was such a joy for us and it was a great fun doing this tour. Would recommend this tour if you want to see real countryside.