“Laundry disaster!”
Review of Home Sweet Home

Home Sweet Home
Ranked #197 of 292 Specialty Lodging in Siem Reap
Reviewed December 2, 2009

We stayed at home sweet home for two nights and on the first day I left down my laundry to reception. It was to be ready the next day same time.
The following day I went down to collect it and it wasnt ready, then I called again later on.
When I brought my washing upstairs they were literally covered in big white streaks of detergent. Clearly had been handwashed badly and what wasnt streaked in white was still wet. I brought them downstairs to reception and the guy was like no they arent dirty, they are fine. He then offered me 1usd even though I had paid 4usd. I wouldnt have minded so much if I was staying another day and could have got them to rewash them.
Finally after a big argument with us shouting at each other he agreed to give me 2.5usd but only if I didnt tell his boss. He annoyed me so much but I realised I wasnt going to get any further so I took the 2.5usd.
Apart from that incident it really is a nice place to stay but the restaurant is rubbish.
Nice big rooms, good shower ect. They even have some ancient computers upstairs where you can use the internet for free.
So basically its a decent place to stay but do not get your washing done there. He actually admitted to me that it has happened before and it was fairly obvious that it happened regularly...

• Stayed: November 2009, traveled with friends
There are newer reviews for Home Sweet Home

Reviewed November 15, 2009

The staff made us feel very welcome at this lovely guesthouse. The hotel has a great location for walking to the town centre. The staff were very used to organising trips to Angkor Wat complex and set us up with an excellent tuk tuk driver who waited outside every temple for us. The restaurant food is delicious and excellent value. I would definatley stay here again and would recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: November 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 6, 2009

We stayed at a Triple room for $15 a night . The staff were friendly and helpful .
We booked a room by sending them an email earlier .
The rooms were spacious , clean and aircon was good . They infact gave us a room with 4 beds on the second day since the water heater didn't work in our room for no extra charge .
The Old market area is about 10 -15 mins walk from the hotel and you can use their bicycle to reach there or you can get lot of tuk tuks around . A super market is avaiable just a stone throw away from the hotel .They even booked us a taxi till Poipet for $25 .
All in all a simple and neat hotel .

• Stayed: October 2009, traveled with family
Reviewed July 25, 2009

We stayed here for $4 a night and couldn't believe how good it was!! We didn't pay extra for air con, but it was cool enough with just the fan (in July). The price included a free pick up from the bus station and they were able to organise a driver for the following day. It was really relaxed and clean - still in shock at what great value for money!

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 20, 2009

Very clean. Friendly receptionist. Willing to help. Spacious room. I stayed there for one night US$10 with aircon. I stayed there with my 3 kids n my husband. It is spcious room with two single bed. Quiet place. Bathroom clean too. Recommend to others.

• Stayed: December 2007, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Reviewed January 20, 2009

My partner and I were in Cambodia last year, this is basically the best place you can stay in. We had a really good experience there, the staff were friendly, the food was really good & the rooms were spacious and clean.

If you go ask for Murai, just about the nicest tuk tuk driver you could hope to meet. He took us round showing us all the temples, giving us interesting bits of information. The people there really seemed to care if you were enjoying yourself, rare for asia to have good customer service lol!

It does what it says in the name.. feels like home!

Stayed: August 2008
Reviewed July 6, 2008

Stayed here in "low" season in July 2008 for US $5 a night.

Fan room that was cleaned daily. Really nice crew that work there. Really good for the price.

• Stayed: July 2008, traveled solo
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)