“Delicious”

Soria Moria Fusion Kitchen
Ranked #331 of 946 Restaurants in Siem Reap
Good for: Business meetings, Bar scene, Special occasions, Large groups, Romantic, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed May 23, 2013

We went to Soria Moria after reading about it in The Age travel magazine as it trains young people for hospitality. Our food was great - try the lemon chicken soup - clean and cool in the 40+ heat. Our bill was very discounted as it was the King's Birthday holiday - $23 for 9 people - so we paid extra and check the art and handicrafts in the foyer.

Reviewed April 23, 2013

I did plenty of reading on tripadvisor before we went to Siem Reap and made a note to eat at Soria Maria after reading all the brilliant reviews. It is just a short tuk-tuk ride away from busy Pub Street (about $1 - $2). When we arrived I was pleasantly surprised to see a lovely upmarket-looking restaurant. I don't know what I expected but it certainly wasn't white tablecloths and a semi formal setting. I immediately thought that the prices would be higher than average but I was wrong. We went there on a Thursday and it was a 2 for one deal / 50% off (have to wonder how on earth they make a profit given the size of the meals). Wednesday tapas nights are the most popular as the dishes and drinks sell for $1 (incredible!). It is so popular that you will never get a table if you don't book. We were lucky as we went during the day and there were only a few people there so it was quiet. We all ordered fruit shakes (delicious and great value with the 2 for 1 deal). I had the best meal of my stay in Cambodia at this restaurant. The amok was to die for and my husband loved his curry so much that we asked for the recipe. The service was wonderful too. So while it is a bit out the way, it is set in a lovely part of Siem Reap and the food is well worth it. A great change from Pub Street. Wish we had managed to get to the tapas night! If we ever go back to Siem Reap the Soria Maria Fusion Kitchen will definitely be on our itinerary again.

Reviewed March 8, 2013

We had stayed at the Soria Moria Hotel and dined there on two occasions. My absolute favourite was the bruschetta with tomato, onion and balsamic. I had it three times...once by the pool, once in the rooftop bar and once at the Fusion kitchen, it was so delicious. We enjoyed $1 tapas/drinks night, it's important to book ahead as tables book out fast. We didn't experience any rowdy backpackers but maybe they arrived later, all other diners were couples or friends dining together.
Lovely food and cheap food :)

Reviewed February 21, 2013

nice staff and good western food , didn't seem like a lot of cambodian food. location is ok, the lime jusice was very odd but intersting (depends on you taste).

Reviewed December 21, 2012

This place is a co-op employee owned hotel, restaurant, and bar. That means the staff feels ownership and acts like owners. They dote over their customers. The food is excellent and the wine selection is good. There's rooftop seating with a view or an air conditioned dining room. It's really great. Thursdays is 50% off food and buy 1 get 1 free drinks.