“My wife and I visited Abacus for our 1st...”

Abacus Restaurant, Garden & Bar
Ranked #69 of 856 Restaurants in Siem Reap
Good for: Large groups, Romantic, Special occasions, Kids, Business meetings, Bar scene, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Brunch, Lunch, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Sydney
“My wife and I visited Abacus for our 1st...”
Reviewed March 27, 2010

My wife and I visited Abacus for our 1st wedding anniversary and after an amazing day exploring fantastic sites it was capped by a fantastic meal at Abacus. On entry we were greated by the French owner Renaud who was friendly and ready to answer any question that we may have had about the great menu on offer.
We had a scallop salad with Parma ham to share for starter which was a very generous size and enough for the two of us For main we had lamb shanks and tenderloin steak (imported from Australia) with truffle and fois gras accompanied by shitaki mushrooms and roasted potatoes which I must say was the best steak I have had in years! For desert we had apple tart with black pepper with ice cream and profitteroles which were simply divine! And all for $60US a bargain in any country! But obviously expensive for Cambodia.
Basically if you want an oasis of top class western cuisine at prices far less than at home (for me Australia) then Abacus is the place for you!

• Korean first
Stein am Rhein, Switzerland
“excellent food quality”
Reviewed March 2, 2010

Quality and presentation of food excellent. Nice setting in a very quiet garden (tables also available inside).

Singapore, Singapore
“Overrated....”
Reviewed February 19, 2010

I was impressed by the garden set up and the spaciousness of the place. I would not have thought I was in Cambodia. The tables were quite nicely set up in the garden and in the main dining hall. Unfortunately, the food did not fare with the international prices of the restaurant. The scallops I ordered was quite fishy smell - it should not have been even served if they had paid attention to their quality standards. The steamed fish was overcooked. The waitress mixed up the wines my wife and I ordered. Anyway, I have learned my lesson.

1 Thank chinaren_10
vietnam
“well worthy of its great reviews”
Reviewed February 18, 2010

Thanks Trip advisor reviewers for letting me know about this lovely bistro cafe. Exellent food and good value for 3 course plus wine and drinks before for $80 per couple.
super choice, and all we had was well prepared and tasty.

Belgium
“Excellent choice”
Reviewed February 15, 2010

Nice setting in a beautiful garden, a bit hard to found as my driver did not know the place. Great wine selection and very impressive french food. Chocolate fudge cake is to die for.
Had a very nice time there.