“Excellent”

Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Siem Reap, Cambodia
“Excellent”
Reviewed April 10, 2014

There is nothing bad to say about this place. I have eaten here several times and the quality and taste is always excellent. The staff is great and so are the French owners. Good selection of drinks and beers if you just want to get away from Pub Street and enjoy a nice evening in a garden setting. You wont be disappointed!

• Visited June 2013

• Korean first
Montreux, Switzerland
“Fine dinning dinner in Cambodia”
Reviewed April 9, 2014

Abacus was one of the pending recommendation I had to visit in Siem Reap and the visit wasn't disappointment at all. For one moment it seemed I was in Europe, great quality of food, great wine and atmosphere. The service should be a little bit more attentive but it was absolutely wonderful. The restaurant design is outstanding. High price but high value!
Already planning to come back!

• Visited March 2014
Atlanta, Georgia
“Good food, but not quite worth the hype.”
Reviewed April 2, 2014

I was very excited to try this restaurant. Unfortunately maybe too excited as my expectations were not met. The food was quite good, but expensive. (I don't mind paying more for good food but service needs to be a part of the package) My main quarrel would be the service. Paying almost $30 for a meal in Cambodia should warrant some attention. Especially considering I am currently the only person in the restaurant. It could be the fact that I'm eating alone. It may be because I arrived for lunch shortly after 1pm and they close at 2pm. But the hotel called ahead to confirm my arrival so if they didn't want the business they should have declined. My server seemed more interested in her newspaper than offering another glass of wine or water for that matter. I may be overly criticism at the moment, however the service at other restaurants in Siem Reap have set the bar quite high. If you are looking for French food in Siem Reap, this place is for you. However keep your expectations in check and stick with dinner rather than lunch.

• Visited April 2014
Canada
“Great Meal”
Reviewed March 28, 2014

We wanted to go somewhere special for my husband's birthday and decided on Abacus because of it's great reviews and our desire for French cuisine. We were very happy with our choice and enjoyed dining indoors in the restaurant even though the garden also looked very inviting.The menu was written on a blackboard and offered lots of choice.After traveling through Asia for about 4 weeks,we were longing for a delicious steak and that is exactly what we got. Wonderful service ,gourmet food and great wine. When you are in Siem Reap and ready to splurge on a lovely dining experience,this restaurant would,in my opinion,be a top contender .

• Visited January 2014
Singapore, Singapore
“Good Food But .....”
Reviewed March 26, 2014

Went there for dinner to celebrate my wife's birthday. We ordered two starter dishes and 3 main courses - Cod fish for my wife, duck for myself and Veal for my daughter. We also ordered 3 glasses of wine. Wine at USD3.5 to 4.5/glass is really value for money. We enjoyed the food and the friendly service provided by the staff and the owner and had a great evening there. Unfortunately, during the night after the dinner, my daughter came down with food poisoning and my wife and I had stomach discomfort. We suspect it could be due to the veal dish as my daughter took the larger portion and my wife and I each tried a slice of it. We were perfectly fine before the dinner and did not eat anything after the dinner. If not for this incident, will give full mark for this restaurant.

• Visited March 2014