“Ankor Wat Tour” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #192 of 338 Hotels in Siem Reap
San Francisco, California
“Ankor Wat Tour”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 17, 2013

Rated as a four star, which for Cambodia it was. Service and staff were excellent without exception. Breakfast was buffet style of primarily an Asian theme, but there were sufficient western style food available as well. Rooms were large, clean and nicely furnished. The bathroom was also large with a separate tub and shower (not a combo unit.) The housekeeping was occasionally 'thrifty' with the toilet paper and the shower liquid soaps, but a call to housekeeping remedied the problem immediately. The air conditioning worked extremely well, which with the heat and humidity of Cambodia you definitely need. One excellent service they provided is they have their own 'fleet' of Tuk Tuk's which they can order for you for any foray's into Siem Reap when you wish. They will not only transport you into Siem Reap, but you can arrange with them for a time and place to pick you up for transport back to the hotel. If you are not going to be along time, they will even wait for you. We also used them one day for some point to point to point trips around Siem Reap, agreeing to pay the standard $4 rate for each stop. This was actually a lot of fun, including watching how the drivers navigated us safely through the street traffic in a country where stop signs and red traffic signals have somewhat of an option regarding the cessation of vehicle motion! The hotel staff would always come outside to greet us and check on the Tuk-Tuk's whenever we returned to the hotel. Our group also ordered one dinner in the hotel. The food was very good (Chinese style) and there was enough to feed 3 times as many people. There is an outdoor bar next to the swimming pool with a traditional happy hour as well as meals being available too. Two things I appreciated about this hotel. One was not being located in central Siem Reap, so when you start out for your tours, you don't have to navigate all of the traffic getting out of town. Second is the hotel is set back off the main street so you don't get all the street traffic noise at night.

Room Tip: The way the hotel is built all the rooms are away from the street noise. However, make sure at night...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 15, 2013

I decided to ' splash out ' and book the Lucky Angkor hotel for my last night in siem reap based on the review on here. I was so glad I did. The hotel is divine-extra ordinary services. At the airport who handed me welcome pack to the trip I was given to dine with at lunch, it got everything right. Its only about a 5 mins drive from the airport, so nice and convenient for transits (as mine was). It almost had the gym and pool to myself and received a double upgrade on my room. They also provide all type me international food and it was really superb, the service is world class. Highly remarkably amazing the hotel general manager. Mr. Thanh ra. He was friendly , professional and above all very kind and sensitive to me being a solo traveller. Loved, loved, loved it! So I guess I need to go back.

• Stayed May 2013
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Ratana5793, Manager at Lucky Angkor Hotel, responded to this review, May 21, 2013
Dear Mr.Prabhu

Warmest greetings from Lucky Angkor Hotel.
Thank you very much for taking your valued time to leave a nice feedback on Tripadvisor.com

We are so delighted to learn that you had enjoyed and most satisfied with our service and hospitality.

On behalf of management and team at Lucky Angkor Hotel, we are very much appreciated and do hope that we will have the opportunity to welcome you back.

Lucky Angkor Team
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 14, 2013

I have stayed with my family during my world tour by Hyundai Santa Fe at Lucky Angkor Hotel. We all enjoyed the hospitality of staff's of the hotel. It was pleasant experience. The luxury mixed with friendliness gave us a pleasant stay. Everyone at the hotel, the staff's and the Management were so nice and made us felt staying home away from home. Purely speaking we are very lucky to stay Lucky Angkor Hotel.

Room Tip: Rooms facing the Swimming Pool are nice
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Dear Mr.Rao

Warmest greetings from Lucky Angkor Hotel,
Thank you very much for taking your valued time to leave a comment following your recent stay at Lucky Angkor Hotel.

On behalf of management and team at Lucky Angkor Hotel, we are so delighted to hear that you had enjoyed with our facilities and hospitality . We are very much appreciated and looking forward to having a pleasure of welcoming you again in the near future.

Brisbane, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 5, 2013

I stayed at Lucky Angkor hotel for 3 days after finishing my volunteer work in Siem Reap in March 2013. The staff were very helpful and I had no problems with my booking or checking in. Ratana, the Online Sales Manager was extremely helpful and ensured that our stay was comfortable and that everything was running smoothly. The rooms were lovely as well - the bed was so comfortable and the pillows were fantastic! The bathroom was fabulous and I had no issues with the water temperature or shower pressure. It was also great having the air conditioning in our room and access to wifi. Although the hotel’s location isn’t right in the centre of old market, it was very easy to find a cheap tuk tuk, and it was great being so close (3km away) to Angkor Wat. Overall, I had a fantastic time in this hotel and I am so grateful for all the wonderful staff (especially Ratana, thank you!!) and the lovely service they provided. Thank you for making my stay so memorable!!!!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Ratana5793, Manager at Lucky Angkor Hotel, responded to this review, May 6, 2013
Dear Ms.Madeleine

Warmest greetings from Lucky Angkor Hotel,

We are so delighted to hear that your were enjoyed and most satisfied with our service ,facilities and staff performance and happy to hear that you are very much appreciated to their efforts.

Whilst you stayed with us is a good memorable especially when we were at pub street and Cambodian pub street. I can't forget that time especially when I and my friend had a performance on the stage and sing the song with his guitar for your farewell party , Can you remember the song?( Take me to your heart ) It was amazing and most fun especially when i can't remember the lyrics :P.

Once again on behalf of management and team at Lucky Angkor Hotel, we are very much appreciated and we are looking forwards to having a pleasure of welcoming you again in the end of this year and can't wait to see you very soon.

Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 4, 2013 via mobile

I stayed at Lucky Angkor Hotel for a few days and was pleased at the standard for a luxury hotel.
The service was good and the rooms were beautiful. I enjoyed the buffet breakfast and appreciated having wifi in my room.
The location isn't near old market but I was happy to be on the national highway, closer to Angkor Wat than in town and near Phsar Leu market.

• Stayed March 2013
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Ratana5793, Manager at Lucky Angkor Hotel, responded to this review, May 5, 2013
Dear Ms.Sara

Warmest greetings from Lucky Angkor Hotel,

We are so delighted to learn that you had enjoyed and most satisfied with our service and our varieties menus of breakfast while most of the guest are compliment its.

On behalf of management and team at Lucky Angkor Hotel, we would like to say thank you again and very much appreciated.
We are looking forward to having a pleasure of welcoming you again.

very best regards,
Ulverstone, Tasmania, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 4, 2013

While on the bus from Phnom Penh to Siem Reap I hadn't booked a hotel yet and by looking at the hotels available I chose this one ' Lucky Angkor Hotel ' upon my arrival I had 2 items my suitcase and my travel bag, the staff were very helpful and carried my suitcase into my room, I loved the room is was all neat and tidy, I didn't mind that it was far from pub street, so I can tour around on my way to the restaurants around. Overall I loved my experience at Lucky Angkor Hotel and all the staff are friendly and caring and are willing to help you at anyone and with information of places and the best way to get there. Thank you Lucky Angkor I appreciate it and I will be staying here again on my next visit! :)

• Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
Dear Mr.Dylan,

Warmest greetings from Lucky Angkor Hotel,

We are so delighted to hear that you were enjoyed and most satisfied with our service and helpful staff. Your comment is very helpful to us.

On behalf of Management and team at Lucky Angkor Hotel, we are very much appreciated and hope you give us an opportunity to welcome you again in the near future.

Siem Reap, Cambodia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 27, 2013

The hotel is a bit far from the pub street and old markets but it is convenience to take the Tuk Tuk which you just spend a few dollars and yet it is very convenience access to Angkor Archeological Park. The Deluxe Room are very beautiful design mix of traditional Khmer architect and western concept with the completed amenities up to the standard of International 4-star Hotel. You can relax and refresh by the swimming pool with the cold drink of the bar after visiting the temple as the bar is open until mid night. I am strongly recommend for those who looking to stay in the standard hotel with a very special price and friendly environment.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Ratana5793, Manager at Lucky Angkor Hotel, responded to this review, April 28, 2013
Dear Mr.Saron

Warmest greetings from Lucky Angkor Hotel
Thank you very much for taking your value time to leave your comments following your recent stay at Lucky Angkor Hotel.

Lucky Angkor Hotel is a 4-star hotel in the heart of the city, featuring luxurious accommodation, sumptuous cuisine, elegant ballroom, modern business center. Our Superior, Deluxe Rooms and Suite offer a pleasant mix of local materials and up-to-date equipment including Cable TV, WiFi ect... Full Service and amenities: Full Load Mini Bar; Cable TV; IDD; Fruits Basket; Hair Dryer; Full Bathroom Amenities.

On behalf of management and team at Lucky Angkor Hotel, We are delighted to learn that you had enjoyed and most satisfied with our service and hospitality.
Your comments are very helpful to us, and much appreciated. we are looking forward to having the pleasure of welcoming you here once again.

Lucky Angkor Management Team