“2wks in Cambodia with young kids”
Review of Kbal Spean

Ranked #30 of 182 things to do in Siem Reap
More attraction details
Fee: Yes
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: 11th-century Relief Carvings Line The Stream Beds Along This Series Of Waterfalls.
Reviewed October 4, 2012

Our three normal active Aust. kids 4/7/9 did this walk in the humid wet season with smiles on their faces (perhaps because we threatened to leave them with one of the obnoxious tour groups that smothered Banteay Srei if they didn't behave). One of their favourite sites - because its something different. Make sure you look around the top to see the carvings in and around the river.

1  Thank FiStu B
There are newer reviews for Kbal Spean

Reviewed September 24, 2012

Kbal Spean is the "other" mountain in the same area as Phnom Kulen. Unlike Kulen, the only way to the top is to hike on a trail that has been created by the thousands of feet that have come before your own. The reward at the top is Hindu carvings in the stream-bed that are far more stunning than on Phnom Kulen. The additional benefit is that very few people bother to make the trek up Kulen (if I can do it, you can too), so you will probably have forest, the waterfall, and the unique pieces of Angkor history all to yourself.

Reviewed September 24, 2012

we took 2 x tuk tuks rather than a car as we wanted to really experience the countryside instead ofbeing behind a glass window and were so pleased we did - rain and all! A lovely drive ( aruond 2 hours) and then a wet, mudd, but fun hike up to the falls. The path was quite rough in places - my 77 year old mum managed -but is a member of a hiking group - but she did struggle with someof the larger boulders particularly on the way down as it poured with rain and turned the path into a flowing river. My 7 year old daughter had no problems at all Had a lovely lunch at a restaurant across the road then visited Bantaray Srei and the Landmine Museum on the way back. A graet day trip

2  Thank Liz W
Reviewed September 12, 2012

I thought I was going to see a temple way into the forest so imagine my surprise when one of the security personnel showed me the waterfalls. What am I suppose to see here? It turns out I was treated to plenty of carvings. If it was not for the personnel I probably would never find those so better ask around.

Although I was disappointed with not seeing a temple I enjoyed the trek very much. It was actually a lot of fun climbing up boulders and roots. The rain made it more fun and I was happy I did not slip or anything. You just have to be extra careful.

Reviewed September 2, 2012

stellar site. about an hour ride north of Siem Reap - short hike up through jungle forrest to the stream where thousands of linga are carved into the stream bed, to cleanse the water as it runs purified into Angkor Wat... take a shower beneath the falls and feel as refreshed! Awesome place!