“Well worth the travelling time” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #29 of 181 things to do in Siem Reap
More attraction details
Fee: Yes
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: 11th-century relief carvings line the stream beds along this series of waterfalls.
Hobart, Australia
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Well worth the travelling time”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 24, 2012

we took 2 x tuk tuks rather than a car as we wanted to really experience the countryside instead ofbeing behind a glass window and were so pleased we did - rain and all! A lovely drive ( aruond 2 hours) and then a wet, mudd, but fun hike up to the falls. The path was quite rough in places - my 77 year old mum managed -but is a member of a hiking group - but she did struggle with someof the larger boulders particularly on the way down as it poured with rain and turned the path into a flowing river. My 7 year old daughter had no problems at all Had a lovely lunch at a restaurant across the road then visited Bantaray Srei and the Landmine Museum on the way back. A graet day trip

Visited September 2012

109 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 136 helpful votes
“pleasant surprise”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 12, 2012

I thought I was going to see a temple way into the forest so imagine my surprise when one of the security personnel showed me the waterfalls. What am I suppose to see here? It turns out I was treated to plenty of carvings. If it was not for the personnel I probably would never find those so better ask around.

Although I was disappointed with not seeing a temple I enjoyed the trek very much. It was actually a lot of fun climbing up boulders and roots. The rain made it more fun and I was happy I did not slip or anything. You just have to be extra careful.

Visited September 2012
Seoul, Seoul, South Korea
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“well worth the ride”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 2, 2012

stellar site. about an hour ride north of Siem Reap - short hike up through jungle forrest to the stream where thousands of linga are carved into the stream bed, to cleanse the water as it runs purified into Angkor Wat... take a shower beneath the falls and feel as refreshed! Awesome place!

Washington DC, District of Columbia
15 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 140 helpful votes
“Very disappointed”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 25, 2012

Okay, I have to first say that I visited during the rainy season which was a blessing and a curse. Hot, hard trek are all accurate. My personal view is that this site is not worth the effort for people who are out of shape (me), older, physical disabilities, etc. While parts of the "trail" are flat or gently rising.....others are incredibly steep and there is no path, you are climbing over rocks, etc. Remember it is also hot and humid. I was caught in a downpour which was fine in that it cooled things down, but it turned the "path" into mud and a bit treacherous. Some of the pictures I see on this site were not things that we were unable to view. They have closed sections as being too dangerous. I did get to view the carvings along what I would call a small cascade, no waterfall, really. I tried to hide my disappointment from my guide, but realized he had tried to talk me out of going to this site. The rock carvings were impressive, I will admit, but more for an archeologist or someone with a serious interest.....otherwise this is not worth the effort and the $20 expense for the day pass. If you are younger and a serious trekker, it is likely a great hike. If there had been more for me to see at the time with other sections being open, I might change my mind, but would still caution about the hike.

4 Thank mowgli415
Auckland, New Zealand
23 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 70 helpful votes
“Good walk, good food.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 13, 2012

A great walk - took us 1.5 hours and we're fairly fit (maybe 50 mins of actual walking). Had a great swim under a waterfall. We went to #4 food stall and it was sensational. $3 mains and good sized.

1 Thank Brad H