“Beautiful sight”

Half-Day Ta Prohm and Banteay Kdei Tour
$75.00*
Private Angkor Wat Tour from Siem Reap
Reviewed August 4, 2013 via mobile

Like the other main places in the complex it has its own character and as much interesting as the others. If on a tour around, definitely worth visiting!

There are newer reviews for Banteay Kdei

Reviewed June 24, 2013

I am very sorry that some people have the misfortune to be so poor, but I feel travellers should be warned that they risk being literally harassed by these people. It did not matter that I said "no" countless times, they just kept at me.

On the plus side, they don't rob you. They just try to annoy you until you give them money, and they give you an item you don't want in return.

Also on the plus side, the temple ruins are one of the most beautiful places I've ever seen. Unfortunate that I was allowed no peace there, but perhaps I was there on a bad day.

Reviewed June 9, 2013

At Banteay Kdei, we have to step down from our tuk-tuk at the gate, just like at Ta Prohm being a walled temple, after the gate we have to walk a path but it's not that far and instead of the musician playing there are some shops selling souvenirs.

The temple's main entrance has become a Buddha's shrine so I opted to take the side way. There is not too much tourist at this temple, there was even a cow who is enjoying it's grazing time. The temple's condition is quite ok, it is not kept in it's natural condition as Ta Prohm with it's huge trees hugging the temple, just be careful with your steps since in my opinion the temple is not fully restored there are some pile of stones and some of the roofs or tower is being fastened with rope or strap.

1  Thank NiaHans
Reviewed June 1, 2013

We loved this temple. It was less crowded with tour groups than the other ones. Sometimes it's these smaller ones that are more rewarding. We didn't go all the way through to the end, but it is apparently worth the effort.

1  Thank A_Pair_of_OWLS
Reviewed May 22, 2013

This was our final visit to over Temples during our 3 days. Thought we would be sick of temples by now, but this temple was serene to visit. By avoiding the peak tourist season of Dec. Jan. and Feb.; and also by hiring an experienced private tour guide who knew the best times to avoid the crowds; we managed to avoid the crowds during our three days. The few dozen photos that I have posted in my numerous reviews of temples in Siem Reap all indicate that we managed to avoid the crowds at all temples.