2,212 results
All reviews tuk tuk driver bedtime stories angkor wat guide book junior suite little touches an english speaking guide mosquito net room rate fresh fruit small hotel free massage colonial style an oasis khmer massage hotel arranged loved this hotel
Reviewed June 17, 2014

It was our first trip to Siem Reap and the staff of this hotel made it super easy to organize. Situated on beautifully landscaped grounds, this hotel is right off a side road. The room was nicely appointed and there were two pools on property. The restaurant was clean, nice, and the food was very good. Wifi in the room was strong. I agree with other reviewers that the staff really stood out in terms of hospitality. We were paired with a tuk tuk driver from sunrise to 10pm every day and the front desk was happy to call him to organize anything we needed. Also, we booked a variety of other activities and once again, the staff was quick to call and organize tickets, times, restaurant reservations, and transportation wherever we wanted to go. The hotel had a driver come and collect us to and from the airport as well. We did have massage at the hotel spa and also enjoyed that. It was nothing earth shaking but good. The prices were quite reasonable. Fresh fruit was provided in the room as was complimentary water. There are a number of giant hotels in Siem Reap but this one is smaller, not in the main town area, and full of unique character. I highly recommend this hotel if you are visiting Siem Reap, Angkor Wat, and the surrounding temples.

Room tip: We stayed in a first floor room with twin beds close to the front desk and noise was not a problem.
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
2  Thank Anonymous566
Reviewed June 16, 2014

PROS
- Oasis that you would not believe is there looking from the outside;
- Great food, great staff, great massages
- Free tuktuk provided by the hotel

CONS
- None

NB: Neither of the two pools are for long distance swimmers if that's what you need. I don't. :)

Here's how it goes: Have a nice breakfast, take the tuk tuk to the temples (the closest are ca. 15 minute drive, but the tuk tuk is with you all the time), walk around, sweat as much as you can, have a snack at the shacks, back to the hotel for a massage and a short rest around the pool, then evening in the city with good food and the night market.

• Trip type: Traveled as a couple
3  Thank Sapsopan
Reviewed June 13, 2014

We have been to Siem Reap before and have stayed in a variety of hotels including Golden Temple Hotel, Sojourn Villas, Motherhome Guesthouse and Motherhome Inn, and Raffles Grand D’Angkor, and we are delighted to say that this was another fabulous choice. The hotel’s strongest asset is its staff. Absolutely delightful, courteous, professional and incredibly accommodating.
We arrived on an early flight, but were really pleased to hear that our room was ready for us upon arrival. There was a nice fruit basket and a bottle of wine waiting for us, which was a nice touch, as it was our wedding anniversary and also my birthday on the following day.
We were surprised that an air-conditioned car was waiting for us at the airport (as opposed to the usual Tuk Tuk), so this was also good planning. The hotel is small but very quaint, has delightful public areas. The two pools are nicely maintained. There was some maintenance ongoing to one area close to our room but this didn’t seem to create too much noise. I guess the hotel has to make the most of it’s quieter periods in order to complete any maintenance.
We were a bit surprised about the choice of location for our room (I think it was No.11?). The hotel seemed to be exceptionally quiet, we only bumped into about 8 other guests in the 3 days we were there, so we were surprised we weren’t given a room with a better outlook. The view from our room was COMPLETELY obliterated by trees in very close proximity to the balcony, which seemed such a shame, as there appeared to be plenty of other rooms which overlooked the lovely pools, and it would have been really nice to sit out on the balcony with a view, especially at night.
Breakfast was nice, eggs cooked to order, a very nice fruit juice, home prepared yoghurt, plus an array of other goodies at the buffet table. For a three star hotel it was more than we could have expected. The breakfast staff are particularly attentive and welcoming. On my birthday I was presented with a lovely birthday cake for breakfast and all the breakfast staff came out to sing, another lovely touch.
We enjoyed the complimentary massage, and in fact went back for a couple more. The young girl who did my massage used a slightly more gentle technique with the traditional Khmer Massage. I‘ve had far more brutal Khmer massages, but I suspect she has learned to be much more careful with us fragile Ozzies and Westerners!
Out Tuk Tuk driver was lovely. We have already done all the temple tours in previous visits so it was nice just to sit back and enjoy the countryside. We felt comfortable at all times with our driver’s style of driving, and we found he was particularly skilful at dodging the pot-holes and bumps!
All in all, this hotel compares favourably with anywhere else we’ve stayed in Siem Reap. A few people have read the rave reviews on Tripadvisor, and then seem to forget that this isn’t a five star hotel, so when they arrive they have higher expectations of the rooms. The rooms are on a par with Golden Temple, for example, but if you want more luxury then Sojourn would be a better choice (but understandably more expensive!).
Other than that everything was fine, clean and very well presented.
If I was forced to make a choice between Pavillon D’Orient and what I consider to be it’s serious competitor Golden Temple Hotel, I would probably choose Golden Temple. We stayed at Golden Temple 3 years prior, and once again we were celebrating our wedding anniversary and birthday. I still remember the sheer delight when entering my room, it was filled with hundreds of flower buds and petals. It was stunning. And in the course of 3 days, the hotel management had laid on so many complimentary extras for us, it was crazy. We were completely spoiled and overwhelmed and the attention to detail will always last in my memory . However, don’t let that deter you from Pavillon D’Orient – it is still an exceptionally lovely boutique hotel, very good value for money, and you certainly won’t be disappointed. Deserves it's top position on Tripadvisor.

Room tip: No 11 has completely obliterated view, but maybe this will change in future if they thin out the palm fronds
Date of stay: May 2014
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
3  Thank destinationqld
Reviewed June 8, 2014

Everything was perfect during my stay. The staff is very helpful and friendly. I enjoyed eating many of the Cambodian foods offered in the restaurant. Western was also on the menu. Complimentary Tuk Tuk.

Date of stay: May 2014
3  Thank J A
Reviewed June 7, 2014 via mobile

Booked the hotel after reading reviews @ tripadvisor. Since the time we stepped in the hotel staff gave a overview of angkor and also the free guide book. Staff are very kind and always helpful. The free tuk tuk is just awesome also our driver saren had full knowledge abt the temples. we hired a guide who was quite impressive. Rooms are very nice, colonial in nature. The breakfast has a wide range and very fulfilling. Spa was also very good. Lastly the whole stay was just awesome, always will remember. I would rate them better than any 5 star hotel in siem reap for their service and guest friendly attitude !!
Free tuk tuk is the best part as well as the staff always smiling and willing to help ! I would want to give 6/5 for everything. Must stay if ur going to angkor. Worth every penny u pay

5  Thank Anand2007