Pavillon d'Orient Boutique-Hotel
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Lotus Lodge(Siem Reap)
Smiling Hotel(Siem Reap)
2,162 results
All reviewstuk tuk driverbedtime storiesangkor watrice soupyour disposalguide bookjunior suitelittle touchesan english speaking guideincluded in the room ratemosquito netalways on timeentire stayfresh fruitsmall hotelfree massagean oasis
FilterAll languages
Reviewed October 12, 2013

My husband and I stayed here for 4 nights in September 2013. We were met at the airport by a friendly driver and brought straight to the hotel where they were waiting for our arrival. The check in was easy and friendly and we went straight to our room. The room was big with a queen size bed. The bed was a bit on the hard side and the first night I ached a bit but after that it was very comfortable. The room was quiet, air conditioning worked effectively and it was clean with a large clean bathroom. We had a separate bath and shower, with the shower having a monsoon shower head which was great. We never used our balcony as we were out in the day or it was raining (it was the rainy season after all!) but there was no view from our balcony because of all the lush foliage - some may like this as it provides privacy.
The breakfast was the best we had this holiday with a large selection of buffet items - cereal, toast, fruit, cakes etc and fresh croissant and you could also order freshly cooked eggs in whatever variety you liked!
What really made this hotel stand out was the really friendly and polite service of all the staff (reception, tuk tuk drivers, waitresses and waiters and room cleaning staff) always greeting you with a friendly welcome and were happy to accommodate our needs. It was also great having our own tuk tuk driver who was friendly and happy to wait for us to visit the temples and drive us around all day! The hotel is a little way out of town (a good thing as the town can be quite bustling) so having your own tuk tuk driver was really helpful.
I also had the free khmer massage which was relaxing and interesting as it was quite different from any I've had in the UK before.
I would definitely recommend this hotel!

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 11, 2013

As a group of guys we probably are not the quiestest bunch, however the staff and the hotel were just superb. Private Tuk Tuk was superb and a great bonus. He shows us round the temples and also dropped and picked us up each night in Club Street. The massages were $30 for 90 mins which is just madness.

rooms were really nice, pool great . Only downside was the loss of power on occasion but the staff put candles out and were just great. Stay here if you want to be 100% sure of having a great trip

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 9, 2013

First, I would like to compliment the staff on excellent service. Whenever we needed something, they were there. Breakfast wasn't elaborate, but very adequate.

The pool wasn't really particularly exciting, and because of the heat we just gave it a pass. I had a massage; it was ok. Nothing special really.

Now, we went between Christmas and New Year. Big mistake. I've been to Angkor during the low season, and I expected it to be busier, but this was crazy. If at all possible try to find any other time than these peak seasons. The experience was just not nearly as good when you were constantly bumping against other tourists. The hotel staff did their best to accommodate us, and their tuk-tuk drivers were great. The service at the hotel didn't really suffer, but the heat and the crowds just really took away some of the magic from an amazing historical sight.

This is a great little hotel, but just know what you are getting. It's not a luxury hotel, but it is a pretty good value. You'll love Angkor, but just try to avoid being there during the peak season.

Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Brian_SF
Reviewed October 7, 2013

So glad we found Pavillon d'Orient and made our booking for four days staying. This holiday was long expected and with the spotless service as well as assistance from the hotel stuff, it has turned out to be a perfect. Thank you so much for getting back to us for booking in the first place, Sebastien; thank you for your warm smile and the super yummy welcome drink, Danny; thank you all, my friends in Pavillon d'Orient, hope see you guys soon.
P.S. our tourist guide, Sothek, is a wonderful wonderful young man and most importantly, a very good photographer, we wish you all the best with everything and your camera dream comes true as soon as possible!
Our tuk tuk driver, Somreth, so regret we didn't have a chance to take a photo together because of the heavy rain, thank you for making our trip so great despite of the bad weather in the last couple of days. All the best!

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank DaninChina
Reviewed October 6, 2013

I chose this hotel based on Trip Advisor reviews for my trip to Siem Reap in October 2012, and I can add my voice to the chorus of voices praising this hotel – it really is that wonderful.

I was worried about having everything planned before I got to Cambodia, since I only had a few days to see the Angkor temple complex. So I hired a guide with a car in advance, and it was all very good…but honestly not great. Plus, I know now I really overpaid. If I had it to do over again, I would book a guide for a day or two based on the hotel’s recommendations once I arrived, and take more advantage of the complimentary tuk tuk to do some exploring on my own.

I stayed in room 11, and very highly recommend it. As others have said, the fresh fruit, wine, fabulous breakfast, bedtime story, parting gifts, complimentary tuk tuk and driver, spa, and everything else that make this hotel deserve the rating it gets are truly wonderful. I also used their laundry service every day. So affordable, and it saved me the hassle of washing things out in the sink and hanging it out to dry. Worth every penny. I also made good use of the balcony for relaxing and writing postcards. It’s a wonderful space and addition to the room.

This hotel is out of town a ways, so I would say it is not the best choice if you want to be right in the middle of the night life and all the action that Siem Reap has to offer. But if you’re looking for a peaceful location with amazing service that is also close to the temples, this is the place! I look forward to my next trip to this region, and would not even consider staying anywhere else. I am a customer for life.

Room Tip: I stayed in Room 11 and absolutely loved it. Very private balcony, without a direct line of sight into the pool.
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled solo