“Just great”

Pavillon d'Orient Boutique-Hotel
Ranked #31 of 361 Hotels in Siem Reap
Reviewed October 11, 2013

As a group of guys we probably are not the quiestest bunch, however the staff and the hotel were just superb. Private Tuk Tuk was superb and a great bonus. He shows us round the temples and also dropped and picked us up each night in Club Street. The massages were $30 for 90 mins which is just madness.

rooms were really nice, pool great . Only downside was the loss of power on occasion but the staff put candles out and were just great. Stay here if you want to be 100% sure of having a great trip

There are newer reviews for Pavillon d'Orient Boutique-Hotel

Reviewed October 9, 2013

First, I would like to compliment the staff on excellent service. Whenever we needed something, they were there. Breakfast wasn't elaborate, but very adequate.

The pool wasn't really particularly exciting, and because of the heat we just gave it a pass. I had a massage; it was ok. Nothing special really.

Now, we went between Christmas and New Year. Big mistake. I've been to Angkor during the low season, and I expected it to be busier, but this was crazy. If at all possible try to find any other time than these peak seasons. The experience was just not nearly as good when you were constantly bumping against other tourists. The hotel staff did their best to accommodate us, and their tuk-tuk drivers were great. The service at the hotel didn't really suffer, but the heat and the crowds just really took away some of the magic from an amazing historical sight.

This is a great little hotel, but just know what you are getting. It's not a luxury hotel, but it is a pretty good value. You'll love Angkor, but just try to avoid being there during the peak season.

Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Brian_SF
Reviewed October 7, 2013

So glad we found Pavillon d'Orient and made our booking for four days staying. This holiday was long expected and with the spotless service as well as assistance from the hotel stuff, it has turned out to be a perfect. Thank you so much for getting back to us for booking in the first place, Sebastien; thank you for your warm smile and the super yummy welcome drink, Danny; thank you all, my friends in Pavillon d'Orient, hope see you guys soon.
P.S. our tourist guide, Sothek, is a wonderful wonderful young man and most importantly, a very good photographer, we wish you all the best with everything and your camera dream comes true as soon as possible!
Our tuk tuk driver, Somreth, so regret we didn't have a chance to take a photo together because of the heavy rain, thank you for making our trip so great despite of the bad weather in the last couple of days. All the best!

1  Thank DaninChina
Reviewed October 6, 2013

I chose this hotel based on Trip Advisor reviews for my trip to Siem Reap in October 2012, and I can add my voice to the chorus of voices praising this hotel – it really is that wonderful.

I was worried about having everything planned before I got to Cambodia, since I only had a few days to see the Angkor temple complex. So I hired a guide with a car in advance, and it was all very good…but honestly not great. Plus, I know now I really overpaid. If I had it to do over again, I would book a guide for a day or two based on the hotel’s recommendations once I arrived, and take more advantage of the complimentary tuk tuk to do some exploring on my own.

I stayed in room 11, and very highly recommend it. As others have said, the fresh fruit, wine, fabulous breakfast, bedtime story, parting gifts, complimentary tuk tuk and driver, spa, and everything else that make this hotel deserve the rating it gets are truly wonderful. I also used their laundry service every day. So affordable, and it saved me the hassle of washing things out in the sink and hanging it out to dry. Worth every penny. I also made good use of the balcony for relaxing and writing postcards. It’s a wonderful space and addition to the room.

This hotel is out of town a ways, so I would say it is not the best choice if you want to be right in the middle of the night life and all the action that Siem Reap has to offer. But if you’re looking for a peaceful location with amazing service that is also close to the temples, this is the place! I look forward to my next trip to this region, and would not even consider staying anywhere else. I am a customer for life.

Room Tip: I stayed in Room 11 and absolutely loved it. Very private balcony, without a direct line of sight i...
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank UsaTravelinfool
Reviewed October 6, 2013

What can I say that hasn't been said before? What other hotel is going to give you: a free massage, free Tuk tuk driver, free EXCELLENT breakfast, free scarf, free pin and a bed time story (a bedtime story???) each night? All for a pittance. We took my parents to tour the temples and had the best time because we stayed at this hotel. The Pavillon d"Orient is very old school romantic in nature being two plantation style villas (a third is being added.) Each room had a balcony and was lovely. There are two beautiful pools that we had basically to ourselves. If you want to see Cambodia with no muss, no fuss you can't do better. Our rooms could comfortably sleep 4. The food and drinks at the restaurant were crazy reasonable and delicious. The hotel staff were completely professional and helpful. Even the spa was fantastic. $18 was the most expensive thing at the place including drinks and entire meals and that $18 bucks got you over and hour and a half massage. Do you get the picture now of how much of a bargain this place is? Sure you can stay in a shack for 20 bucks a night or in a big gigantic hotel for $400/night but neither will give you the service and amenities the Pavillon provides. Really, I can't think of anything that could have been better.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed October 5, 2013

This is a wonderful hotel from the moment you arrive until the moment you leave. The staff are amazing with such attention to detail. How many hotels welcome you with a drink,a sit down with cold towels and a full briefing on what they can do for you: The hotel provided a Tuc Tuc to take us into town and bring us back (they will provide you with a information card if you use local Tuc Tuc machine
The room was wonderful and the hotel food was very good. The sights of Angkor Wat are a short distance away .

Room Tip: Room 12 as a balcony not over looked
1  Thank bellgriffin
Reviewed October 2, 2013

Stayed for five days at this premises in September.

Although we didn't use it much as we had our own private tour guide, the tuktuks provided for free by the hotel were fantastic and we used them to take us into town in the evening!

The staff at the hotel were fantastic including the lady on reception and the very friendly lady who greeted us at breakfast every morning.

The price was the cheapest but by far the best value of our hotel in the whole of south east Asia!

We even got a free 30 minute massage each which was lovely!

We ate on site a few times and had quite a few drinks on site in the welcoming pond side cafe.

I have already recommended not just this hotel but Cambodia as a whole to a few close friends and wouldn't hesitate to return to this outstanding value hotel.

A real find!