Pavillon d'Orient Boutique-Hotel
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Lotus Lodge(Siem Reap)
Smiling Hotel(Siem Reap)
2,163 results
All reviewstuk tuk driverbedtime storiesangkor watrice soupyour disposalguide bookjunior suitelittle touchesan english speaking guideincluded in the room ratemosquito netalways on timeentire stayfresh fruitsmall hotelfree massagean oasis
FilterAll languages
Reviewed May 15, 2013

We had a perfect stay at the Pavilion d'Orient Hotel.
The food was excellent and the staff friendly and helpful.
It was fantastic that a Tuk Tuk driver was included in the hotel price, we had an amazing
driver and were very grateful for all his help.
The rooms were nice and the complimentary massage was lovely at the end
of a very hot humid day out.
This hotel really deserves it's #1 rating due to it's fine attention to detail and we wish you
well for the future!

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
5  Thank MrsB-Singapore
Reviewed May 14, 2013

Loved this hotel! The people who work there are so friendly and helpful. I cannot thank them enough for making our stay so lovely. They set up a guide for the temples. He was extremely knowledgeable and kind. Can highly recommend him, you can request him from the front desk and they will set it up. His name was Dat (pronounced Date). Also, a Tuk Tuk driver comes included with the price of your room. Ours was avail. on call and would arrive in no more than ten minutes time if you called, as I think he must live near by. He was also very nice and provided us with ice cold water when desired. You can request him also. I'm running a blank on what his name was, but his driver number was 7211. Also, my husband liked that he drove the Tuk Tuk with a motorcycle instead of the usual mopeds. :)
I highly recommend a trip out to the Artisans Angkor silk farm. You get a free guided tour (We tipped him $5.00, though not sure what amount is customary, he seemed happy) through the entire process of making silk...very interesting even for our 8 year old. Our guide tried to get me to eat a worm (after it'd been cooked) and I wouldn't, but I dared him to and he smiled and popped it right in his mouth! Lol, I found out that they always eat them, but usually after spicing them up a bit!
We also visited Angkor's Artisans in Siem Reap, which had a variety of crafts to view and watch the process (again with a guide)-- also very interesting.
Oh, back to the hotel...the restaurant food was very good! We ate dinner there 4 nights and were not disappointed, on the contrary the food was delightful, as was the service and atmosphere. Also, the pool is lovely and he rooms very comfortable. The hotels boutique atmosphere, for us, was much nicer than the big ones we drove past in town. Plus, it's much more quiet at this hotel.
Stay here when in Siem Reap.
Happy Travels!
P.s. good idea to have a small flashlight with you, seems as the power in Cambodia wasn't very reliable, it went out a couple times, though this hotel has a generator so we were never without (and therefor air conditioning) for long.

Room Tip: We stayed in room 3. It was very nice, tropical feel with a glimpse of blue pool...more private than the ones right next to the pool.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank PTDaisy
Reviewed May 13, 2013

believe the ratings... there is a reason this is the number one rated hotel in siem reap. impeccable customer service, delicious food, and superb accommodations. when i arrived in siem reap, i was greeted by a friendly driver who took me to the hotel, which is nowhere near the downtown area (like pub street) but it's okay because the hotel provides a tuk tuk driver for your use the entire day. the tuk tuk is a fun and must-have experience. my driver was very reliable and kind. the staff at the hotel are friendly and always considerate. the complimentary 30 min massage was most welcomed. overall, you get great value for a top experience. i rated sleep quality as very good only because i woke up a couple of times to bugs but that's not the hotel's fault-- it's just what comes with being in a tropical, humid region. i rarely write tripadvisor reviews but was eager to write this one. if i ever return to siem reap, i would definitely stay here again and recommend it to all my friends and family.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank citygirlexplorer
Reviewed May 12, 2013

Lives up to its reputation and scores from other reviewers. Travelled with friends, stayed 4 nights at the end of April. Had a great impression even before arriving - Prior to the stay Sebastien had answered all my email requests promptly, patiently and always helpfully! He'd kindly put together an itinerary for us too that took into account particular sites that we wanted to see - As it was, we were perhaps over-enthusiastic and ended up scaling back on some of the suggested sites/activities - It would've been wonderful to do them all, but that now gives us an excuse to go back!

As it was, the heat, and the sheer number and scale of some of the temple complexes meant we'd hit a metaphorical wall every early afternoon. I think a tip for anybody going - Add a couple more days to your original itinerary (you won't regret it), and pace yourselves...Try a temple/complex in the morning, back to the hotel for lunch, chill out a couple hours by the pool, then off to another temple/complex mid-afternoon, maybe catch a sunset somewhere on a couple of days. The only exception I'd suggest would be Angkor Wat itself, when going during lunchtime meant very few if any tour groups around at the same time - I have many photos from Angkor with nobody in them, or 3-6 people in the middle or far distance.

Ok back to the hotel - What a treat. Very hard working, enthusiastic, polite, personable, friendly team of staff, without exception. They were brilliant. Period. Lovely restuarant and front desk team. I really, really appreciated how welcome they made us feel, how prompt they were to get things done when we requested it. Inclusive breakfast was decent and delicious, lunch and dinner was high quality and tasty too (amok chicken yummy, green curry quite 'vibrant'!). Had three treatments at the spa (one of them included in the room rate), very good service from the two ladies there and just the best value for money.

To get around, as we were a party of two rooms, we opted for one car & driver rather than two tuk tuks - My Chhoin was always prompt, polite, never failed to encourage us to tick off every site listed in our itinerary (see my earlier comment!) and suggest further options. Our Cambodian is unfortunately non-existent, and he's learning English, but we all rubbed on fine.

Room was pretty, well maintained, very comfortable bed, and the balcony a treat for sundowner cocktails or a night-cap (there was a fan outside to keep it cool, and we were always head to toe in deet spray). Never watched tv but there's many international channels, and kept the Cambodian bedtime stories, one scoll left on the bed every night with turndown service. Have also to mention during our stay fruit platter in the room included mangos, seriously, the best I've ever tasted! The swimming pool is open 24 hours, very refreshing respite after a day at the temples, and also very pleasant to have a quiet dip under the night sky - or just to float, looking up at the stars through the canopy of trees that surround the pool - before turning in for the night.

There's construction next door (noise was never heavily intrusive), think it's the hotel being extended - I wish them all good luck with future success, they've certainly got the formula right for me!

Room Tip: Upper floor facing pool was lovely, bring a little battery powered deet diffuser as insurance against any mozzies, for evening cocktails on your balcony.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends
3  Thank gorpalm
Reviewed May 12, 2013

We were 3 women- my mother, sister & myself on our trip to Siem Reap. We booked the hotel based on reviews and were not disappointed. The hotel entrance is a bit startling when the car pulls up before almost no entrance with a car shed next door. However inside the hotel is wonderful. The room was great big enough to fit all of us. The breakfast is good but I wish they changed a few things everyday to break the monotony. Food was great although vegetarian options could be more. The car driver we engaged for a day to go to the temples in the distance was good. Our tuk tuk driver Pao went out of his way & our guide Vanny was superb. All the hotel staff were super attentive & friendly. They really made us feel @ home. Worth every $ paid. The spa facility was very good also. All in all a wonderful experience.

Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family