“Recommend the hotel”

Ranked #122 of 340 Hotels in Siem Reap
Mendoza, Argentina
“Recommend the hotel”
Reviewed September 24, 2010

First of all the hotel was a great value. We had an enjoyable stay, the hotel was nice and our room was clean and neat. The facilities was good. The location was convenient for excursion walking around. The wifi was free. Good breakfast with tasty food. We had no problem all the time we stayed. We definitely stay again and recommend the hotel to our friends.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (87)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Auckland
Reviewed September 21, 2010

Got a great deal with airport pickup, free tuk tuk to temples for a day and free dinner. Rooms are spacious and comfortable. Did have a few issues with kettle not working but staff eventually sorted it out. First night was a bit noisy as we were on first floor and heard kitchen noise from next door early in the morning. We mentioned it to the staff who were happy to show us other rooms. There was no double room available but we got a quieter room on the 3rd floor with two singles put together and slept better. Staff on the whole pretty good - grabbed Tomb Raider to watch on DVD player and they have lots of other DVDs too. Breakfast pretty good, dinner not great as ordered meatballs and sent them back twice as they were too undercooked for my liking. Handy location with about a 5-10 minute walk to old market or a cheap tuk tuk ride. Cambodians appear to be very friendly helpful people and we enjoyed our stay at the hotel.

1 Thank hway29
Charlotte, North Carolina
Reviewed September 15, 2010

As usual, we looked into TripAdvisor and selected Soria Moria for our stay in Siem Reap. Again, as in Phnom Penh, this was located at a quiet street but still just a 10 mins walk from the main Psar Chaa area. The hotel is well maintained, good facilities and good food too. It has a rooftop bar, which has some nice views and is delightful to sit and have a drink in the evenings.

Apart from the usual fanfare, it had these amazing nights - like the one dollar night, everything on their menu (including drinks) was one dollar; we ate our hearts away that night :D. Then you have a free Apsara Dance performance by kids for free on one of the nights, which was really good to experience.

Other facilities include a free wi-fi, gym, jacuzzi, spa. They also had some guide books to Angkor which you can borrow, really useful stuff! And we even got one night stay free on three nights booking, so it was a good deal for us.

All in all a great place to stay and enjoy the evenings at.

Oslo
Reviewed September 8, 2010

I recently stayed at the Soria Maria. It was my first trip to Siem Reap, and I did not know what to expect. I came from Phnom Penh with the bus. From the bus the city looked a little chaotic, so I was very happy to have pre-booked. What a relief with the courtesy pick up at the bus terminal.

From there on everything was smooth as silk.

I can not praise enough the helpful, considerate, and kind staff. They went out of their way to make sure that I had a good stay. And they did this in a natural beautiful way. Not subservient, but with their heads held high as equals, they showed real concern for my well being at the hotel.

Just one detail: Going with the tuck-tuck In Phnom Penh there was always the initial negotiation over price. In Siem Reap the Soria Moria had drivers and guides with set fair prices. Relief.

The hotel itself is beautiful and kept very clean. It is conviently located and the food is also very good.

Staying at the Soria Moria I recieved some of the best hospitality you can ask for. I would recommend this hotel to everyone and anyone who wants a clean, beautiful, and friendly place to stay.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled solo
1 Thank OlaWH
Oslo
Reviewed September 7, 2010

I was very happy with my stay at Soria Moria! The staff are extremely welcoming, the place is clean and well furbished. The restaurant provided excellent breakfast and also has a good lunch and dinner menu as well. One night of the week children come and perform traditional khmer dancing. A great show to watch!

Having been to Cambodia and Siem Reap previously I know how the standard of accommodation can vary and I did a lot of research before going again. I chose Soria Moria because it seemed to have all the western comforts while the local aspect had been included. I was not disappointed!

As a female staying on my own I also wanted to stay a place that I felt safe and comfortable and within walking distance of everything in town. Soria Moria certainly met all my expectations and more! I felt safe at the hotel and in the area and the hotel have their own tuk tuk drivers that you know you can trust.

I would recommend Soria Moria to everyone - couples, singles and families alike!

• Stayed July 2010, traveled solo
1 Thank OsloV
Atlantic City, New Jersey
Reviewed August 25, 2010

For me, i will come back as it is the best hotel in Siem Reap. Honestly, even it is just a 3star hotel in country like Cambodia, but my room is very nice and espcially cleaned everyday. The room has quite a big size and it has a desk for me to work as well.
Also, there is a roof bar, how amazing for a 3star hotel !

Worth to mention about Kristin (not sure what the job is in this hotel) actually spent time with me to make sure everything went well. The other staff are also very friendly,.... Felt like a home with full of friends ! I will definately recommend this hotel

• Stayed July 2010, traveled on business
1 Thank Marmare
Brisbane, Australia
Reviewed August 19, 2010

The hotel provides really great value - large, clean rooms and very friendly staff. Excellent restaurant too which I'd really recommend to other travellers.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled solo