My husband I stayed there in December 2008 and had a great time. The service was great and the room we stayed in was very big! We arrived early and our room was still being cleaned so they let us rest in another room when we first got there. The employees were extremely helpful and always offering advice. And even the drivers and tuk tuk drivers they use are great! We used the taxi driver, Sopheap, for a day while we there and I believe it was $25 for the full day! He took us to the silk farm, floating village, land mine museum, quad adventure company, and angkor d'artisans. He even pulled over a few times because he wanted to show us lotus flowers.
What I liked most about the hotel was how the owner, Kristen, was so supportive of the local community. They have activites every night; we took advantage of the apsara show, $1 tapas and drinks night, and quiz night at the Funky Monkey. The free Apsara show featured local children who were learning the art of Apsara and all donations went to the school and the $1 tapas night featured dishes and mixed drinks from local restaurants. We also spoke to some employees who said that Kristen was helping them learn English by paying for them to attend classes and even sending a couple to the univeristy.
Regarding the hotel, the food was great! The breakfast every morning was delicious and very well presented. The room was very spacious, clean, and has free wifi. The rooftop bar is worth a visit. It's a small bar, but the employees are great and will tell you more about Cambodia. They also have a rooftop jacuzzi (no pool), but we never used it. The location is great, not far from bar street and the central market. My only complaint is that the bed was really hard, but knowing that, I would choose to stay there again!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Soria Moria is a small cheerful hotel in the center of Siem Reap, with 38 bright and spacious rooms, establish by a Norwegian couple. Being a small intimate hotel, the Soria Moria Team is able to provide its guests with personalized service. It’s a 15 minute drive to Angkor Wat, and walking distance to the old market & the hustle and bustle of town. The hotel as an international restaurant and a Rooftop bar with great views, and there is also an open-sky Jacuzzi and a sundeck available. The initial idea behind Soria Moria was to combine a business opportunity with a strong focus on helping the community in which we work through various means. Through Soria Moria Educational Development Program the local employees have recently become majority owners of the business – an initiative to empower locals. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Agoda, Travelocity, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Priceline, HostelWorld and Cheap Tickets so you can book your Soria Moria Boutique Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hotel Soria Moria Boutique
- Soria Moria Boutique Siem Reap