“Would stay there again!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Soria Moria Boutique Hotel

Soria Moria Boutique Hotel
Ranked #120 of 339 Hotels in Siem Reap
Miami, Florida
“Would stay there again!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 4, 2009

My husband I stayed there in December 2008 and had a great time. The service was great and the room we stayed in was very big! We arrived early and our room was still being cleaned so they let us rest in another room when we first got there. The employees were extremely helpful and always offering advice. And even the drivers and tuk tuk drivers they use are great! We used the taxi driver, Sopheap, for a day while we there and I believe it was $25 for the full day! He took us to the silk farm, floating village, land mine museum, quad adventure company, and angkor d'artisans. He even pulled over a few times because he wanted to show us lotus flowers.

What I liked most about the hotel was how the owner, Kristen, was so supportive of the local community. They have activites every night; we took advantage of the apsara show, $1 tapas and drinks night, and quiz night at the Funky Monkey. The free Apsara show featured local children who were learning the art of Apsara and all donations went to the school and the $1 tapas night featured dishes and mixed drinks from local restaurants. We also spoke to some employees who said that Kristen was helping them learn English by paying for them to attend classes and even sending a couple to the univeristy.

Regarding the hotel, the food was great! The breakfast every morning was delicious and very well presented. The room was very spacious, clean, and has free wifi. The rooftop bar is worth a visit. It's a small bar, but the employees are great and will tell you more about Cambodia. They also have a rooftop jacuzzi (no pool), but we never used it. The location is great, not far from bar street and the central market. My only complaint is that the bed was really hard, but knowing that, I would choose to stay there again!

• Stayed December 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (87)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Siem Reap, Cambodia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 2, 2009

I spent my birthday in Siem Reap and celebrated with my friends at Soria Moria Hotel. My partner treated us to a night there, too!

First off we were greeted by the warm smiles of the reception staff, who guided me to the restaurant where some of my friends were gathered. Unbeknown to me my other friends were on the rooftop where they had (with a lot of help from the smiling and helpful staff) organised a surprise cake, drinks and food for me. We had a great evening looking out over Siem Reap from the bar and enjoyed the rooftop jacuzzi, too looking up at the stars.

The bedroom was very spacious and nicely decorated. The bathroom was clean and had a large bath and a very welcome hot shower. The next day before we checked out we had a good breakfast, which was even better value as it was included in the rate.

• Stayed March 2009, traveled as a couple
Singapore, Singapore
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 31, 2009

If a stay is required near but not directly amongst the city square, this could be the best bet. Situated just a 15 minute walk to the Old Market, this hotel offers both Khmer charm as well as modern Norwegian hospitality. It offers standard clean facilities, english speaking Khmer staff, a rooftop bar that is coupled with a jacuzzi that affords a relaxed evening admiring the sunset. What appealed to me was the efforts made by the hotel to be as socially responsible as possible and also attempts to engage and work with socially responsible groups within Siem Reap.

• Stayed May 2009
Southsea
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 22, 2009

We started our trip in Siem Reap, and really enjoyed staying at Soria Moria. Clean rooms, nice roof top terrace and the location was quite good. The staff were very friendly and gave us all the information we needed. I would not quite say that this is a boutique hotel, but it seems that many places in Cambodia have taken on this term without actually knowing what it means. Breakfast was OK, apart from the coffee... Luckily dinner made up for it, we had a great meal here, and the kids enjoyed it too.

• Stayed March 2009, traveled with family
Oslo
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 20, 2009

Had a short but very nice stay at this wonderful hotel. The staff that greated me welcome after a long day, is always important to me. The smile and the service they gave me was "real". Got to my room witch was really clean and tidy and with good space . The only thing I wanted was to jump in bed but was recommended to have a drink at the roof bar, wow what a relaxing place. Had a good cold beer and a nice chat with the bar keeper. The next morning I had room service give me a nice and really good breakfast. All I can say is that I can recommend this hotel for everyone and for 40$ you get a really good deal.

Kent

• Stayed May 2009, traveled on business
Oslo
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 19, 2009

From the moment we entered the reception we felt welcome and at home. The friendly staff really takes care of you. We got a nice, big and clean air conditioned room which was a pleasant change after having backpacked for several weeks. The food was excellent and the late night drinks at the roof top bar was lovely - don't know what was best: the drinks or the location! Me and my wife stayed for 3 nights and we'll definately come back next time around! Thanks!

• Stayed March 2009, traveled as a couple
Independence, Kansas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 18, 2009

We spent four days at this facility and had no complaints. Other hotels could
copy the training given the staff for hospitality and personality. That includes every
from from the front desk to the hotel maids. Only unhappiness came from mailing
post cards by giving cards and $1.00 US per card to the front desk and the cards
never arrived at the intended addresses. Don't know if this was the fault of the
staff or the Cambodian postal system. Would go back to Cambodia in a heartbeat
if for no other reason than staying at this hotel.

• Stayed January 2009, traveled as a couple