After some really sweaty days in Siem Reap and Angkor Wat me and my boyfriend checked in at Soria Moria. It was a wonderful stay! Too bad we only could stay there for one night.
The rooms are big, the roof-top bar perfect after a long day of sightseing, and the jaccuzi felt like heaven on earth. The breakfast was one of the better I have tasted on our trip to Cambodia and Vietnam.
The staff was really friendly. I like this hotel espessially for its labour "policy". It is employers-owned and a good example of how empowerment and responsible ownership should be done. Creds to the norwegians runnning this place. The staff really looked like they enjoyed working at the hotel, and managed to make a good and friendly atmosphere.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Soria Moria is a small cheerful hotel in the center of Siem Reap, with 38 bright and spacious rooms, establish by a Norwegian couple. Being a small intimate hotel, the Soria Moria Team is able to provide its guests with personalized service. It’s a 15 minute drive to Angkor Wat, and walking distance to the old market & the hustle and bustle of town. The hotel as an international restaurant and a Rooftop bar with great views, and there is also an open-sky Jacuzzi and a sundeck available. The initial idea behind Soria Moria was to combine a business opportunity with a strong focus on helping the community in which we work through various means. Through Soria Moria Educational Development Program the local employees have recently become majority owners of the business – an initiative to empower locals. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda, HostelWorld, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Cancelon, Orbitz, Hotwire, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your Soria Moria Boutique Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hotel Soria Moria Boutique
- Soria Moria Boutique Siem Reap