The Soria Moria was a great place. We highly recommend it to anyone visiting Siem Reap. My hisband, daughter and I stayed here for six nights and were really impressed. The location is great as it is located within an easy walking distance from the market place in Siem Reap and right off the river for a nice stroll. The hotel provides an excellent transportation and tour service so you don't have to navigate the price of tuk tuks and taxis. There is a very informative booklet in the room that helps you chose how you will can spend your days. The Soria Moria supports a number of local charities and has instituted a number of "green" policies.
The restaurant provides breakfast, lunch, and dinner. The breakfast buffet is very good and the dinners were a nice choice of Cambodian classics and western foods. The restaurant staff was very helpful and attentive. The rooms were very clean with great a/c and a well equipped mini fridge. The roof top bar had a great view and the hot tub was pretty good too. The reception staff was outstanding and really helped us with many questions and helped arrange transportation to Phnom Penh. My husband got quite ill while there and the owner and staff were really helpful with recommendations for medical assisitance. One of their staff took me two times to a pharmacy without me having to ask. He just offered his services. We were able to extend our stay with no problem and the room service was a godsend.
We have been traveling for almost 11 months and this was one of the best places we have stayed. Since my husband missed most of our time in Siem Reap will have to come back and we will stay at the Soria Moria.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Soria Moria is a small cheerful hotel in the center of Siem Reap, with 38 bright and spacious rooms, establish by a Norwegian couple. Being a small intimate hotel, the Soria Moria Team is able to provide its guests with personalized service. It’s a 15 minute drive to Angkor Wat, and walking distance to the old market & the hustle and bustle of town. The hotel as an international restaurant and a Rooftop bar with great views, and there is also an open-sky Jacuzzi and a sundeck available. The initial idea behind Soria Moria was to combine a business opportunity with a strong focus on helping the community in which we work through various means. Through Soria Moria Educational Development Program the local employees have recently become majority owners of the business – an initiative to empower locals. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Cheap Tickets, Agoda, Hotels.com, Travelocity, HostelWorld, Priceline and Asiatravel.com Holdings so you can book your Soria Moria Boutique Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hotel Soria Moria Boutique
- Soria Moria Boutique Siem Reap