Park Hotel Izida
  • Pool
  • Restaurant
  • Pool
Hotel Kompas(Albena)
No availability for your dates from our partners
All reviewstennis courtsa great stayswimming poolcity centrewonderful placebeautiful settingperfect locationparkrestaurantbusinessmiddlemealsgymbalconymidnightgarden
FilterAll languages
Reviewed December 9, 2012

They have an amazing bread selection and if you like bread, then this is the place for you. Fruit looks good and I quite like the room space, if you like classic leather and don't mind worn out carpet and having the same towel all week then this place is ideal for you. They have a green 3 seater sofa that's amazing to sit on and if your prepared to que for a seat then this is a must try. Considering its a sports hotel I noticed lots of old people running around the place, kinda reminded me of cocoon, a classic all time movie.

• Stayed: June 2012
Reviewed September 26, 2012

I stayed in this hotel for 7 days in September. The rooms are of an excellent size and accommodate 3 people. There are two twin beds and a pull down bed. The bathrooms are well appointed with a wet room shower. The restaurant serves excellent food in the evening.

The not so good bits .... the free wifi is extremely unstable and kept cutting out. I had to re enter my login details many times a day with was a nuisance. There is a PC and printer for guest use in the reception area.

The breakfast has to be the poorest show of food I have ever seen with the highlight being the cold cooked options. By this I mean the scrambled eggs, bacon and sausages. The added interest of flies around the cold items was quite off putting and I ventured no further than a bread roll with spread cheese.

The hotel as others have said is located within a park and each room has a balcony which is nice. But the tennis courts and football pitch are in use from 8am to midnight and the noise in the evening heard in the rooms can be a bit much.

All in all, it was an ok hotel for work and if the hotel improved the breakfast, the stability of the wifi and maybe thought about limiting the outdoor sport use to say 8am to 9pm, that would make a big difference.

Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank gabriella1
Reviewed September 18, 2012

Very good place for both rest and sport. It has incredibly interesting architecture and nice interior design. Good food and very good staff. Available to guests were several tennis courts. Very pleasant place to relax.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 14, 2012

This was another of the one night stays I had while traveling to our holiday home in Bulgaria. Arrived late at night and although our house was only a relatively short distance away I did fancy all the hassle of getting into an empty house in darkness. I had been for meals at the hotel previously and fancied the look of the place. It was a good decision. The room I was given was spacious clean and well appointed, with excellent quality furnishings and spotlessly clean. Even that late at night the staff were helpful, cheerful and welcoming. What I like about this place is they don't charge you premium rate for single occupancy and if memory serves me correctly the room with breakfast was a very reasonable 25 GBP. If you are a fitness fan, which I am, the facilities are superb, as is the setting in the park. I didn't stay for a lunch or dinner but having previously dined there I can say the restaurant was superb and similar value for money. I would thoroughly recommend this place to anyone and I cannot imagine getting such splendid accommodation at this price anywhere in Western Europe

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank David S
Reviewed August 13, 2012

I had to book a hotel in Dobrich very quickly, and this is the only hotel that came up! So I booked it...
It turned out to be very nice - it is in the middle of a sports complex in the middle of a park, so you feel a bit like you are at a Sports Academy, but hey, that's quite fun! The hotel restaurant is a big separate restaurant next door. It is fine - not amazing, but totally fine.

GOOD THINGS:
The room we had was enormous, a big balcony, big bathroom.
The front desk staff are great and helpful - they gave us a 3 day internet pass even though we were only staying one night just in case the one day pass didn't allow us to log in the next morning.
The lobby bar is lovely, really nicely decorated, good staff who make great drinks.
This hotel is honestly far better than a 3 star rating
The beds are REALLY comfortable, good quality beds, and the pillows are excellent.

BAD THINGS:
I was super unhappy that we came and the pool and spa facilities were all shut. I guess in Bulgaria, August is the month to shut and refurbish stuff like this (everyone is at the beach, 20mins drive away), but I was really annoyed.
Our room as quite noisy - as it overlooks the tennis courts (and I think most of the rooms do), we heard every hit of the tennis ball as we tried to have an afternoon nap.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business