“Need my matzah ball fix!”
Review of Nosher Rye Deli - CLOSED

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Nosher Rye Deli
Cuisines: Delicatessen
Upper Saddle River, New Jersey
“Need my matzah ball fix!”
Reviewed November 15, 2012 via mobile

So glad to finally see the restaurant on trip advisor. I knew the owners many years ago and so happy to see them by my neck of the woods. A very friendly and efficient waiting staff. The food is the best kosher-style that is finally in this part of town! The sloppy joe is awesome and the sandwich sizes are large portions, well worth the price. I usually take my in-laws and we get a back table for seven of us at least twice a month. I plan on ordering party platters for the holidays this month. Bobby is the king of building the best sandwiches!

1 Thank BPtours

Rhinebeck, New York
“Best Pastrami”
Reviewed October 25, 2012

I've been to a number of delis in Northern New Jersey, and Nosher Rye has, hands down, the best pastrami. I've also had their corned beef and recommend it as well. Both are cured with proprietary recipes.

As another reviewer recommended, ask for the seeded rye, hard to find any more.

Beyond those sandwiches, they have a full "Kosher-style" menu with all of the typical Jewish deli favorites.

On my last visit, I also had the fried kreplach with onions which were excellent and a very tasty chopped liver plate.

Every sandwich comes with cole slaw and pickles.

While there are many wonderful deli foods, to me pastrami is king and the best way to judge a deli. Nosher Rye rates very high with me.

I should also mention the sandwich prices are half of those in Manhattan.

• Visited October 2012
3 Thank Mapville
Maine
“Best Kosher Style Deli in Northern New Jersey”
Reviewed October 23, 2012

There are many kosher and kosher style delis in Northern New Jersey and I have been to almost all of them. In fact a few months ago a friend and I went on what we called a “Pastrami Sunday” tour of four in one day. The Nosher Rye was indeed the best.

The Nosher Rye offers a wonderful selection of kosher style foods, both meats and dairy (thus kosher style, not kosher) but all superbly produced and served with flair and deli elegance. The corned beef and pastrami are privately cured to the owner’s secret recipe and not available anywhere else. In my opinion both are best on rye bread and the Nosher Rye is one of the few delis that still offer diners a choice of rye bread with or without caraway seeds. (Unless you are allergic, always ask for the seeded rye with caraway, it makes a big difference.)

The home made knishes of all styles are wonderful, and they also offer a traditional “Coney Island” square potato knish. The fried kreplach is one of my favorites and the chicken soup with or without knaidlach (matzo balls) is wonderful.

The Nosher Rye has great dine in service with a full menu but also offer terrific deli carry out and catering. It is close to Route 17 and easy to find in a large shopping center with an A&P, Dairy Queen and a few other restaurants.

If like me, you at times need a touch of food that warms the soul, make a trip to the Nosher Rye.

• Visited October 2012