All reviews comfort inn atlantic city free breakfast minute drive boardwalk borgata microwave
Selected filters
Reviewed February 28, 2016

I choose this hotel due to it's location and price, as it is only 10 minutes from the heart of A/C. Here are my points that may interest you.

1. Hotel is going through a reno. The bathroom was re tiled and seemed to have new carpeting, but the furniture, fixtures and tub was worn. Lobby, elevators + breakfast areas also redone, but new seating is desperately needed in the breakfast room. I Checked in on a Friday + there was no sign of any contractors or related noise going on.
2. The free breakfast in my opinion is a bit better than average with eggs, french toast and freshly made waffles being available.
3. The guests are blue collar that are looking for an alternative to the high priced casino-hotels in town. Mainly a younger, noisy crowd. 3-4 times (up to 3:40 AM) several of them would be going through the halls (past my door) with their voices at full pitch, as if it was 3:40 IN THE AFTERNOON! Naturally, when I got up at 7:30 AM, there wasn't a peep in the halls, as they were probably recovering (if you know what I mean).
4. The staff was reasonably friendly. They DID mess up by putting me in a smoking room (on the 4th floor which is all smoking, which in this day + age I find strange). It was my fault that I did not ask for my room to be switched, (as I thought that it wasn't that bad), but I can tell you that all during the night I kept waking up with the irritating smell of smoke in the room. Again, my bad for not moving. Also, the in wall heating unit is VERY loud when it kicks in. It would further disturb my sleep at night.
5. If you ask for a room with an odd number, you will be at the front of the hotel and have a nice view of the bay + many of the hotels near the boardwalk. It is especially nice at nighttime, when those hotels are all light up.

So in summary...............Between the reno, furniture in need of replacement, various issues that prevented even a reasonable nights sleep and the crowd this hotel draws, I don't think I will be staying there again, with so many other options in the area.

• Trip type: Traveled solo
Reviewed February 25, 2016

This is an excellent place to stay for a reasonable rate (which does vary according to season, day of week, special events, etc. as does most other hotels in resort areas). This place is just great for you get in return. Offers one of the best breakfasts in the area.

• Trip type: Traveled solo
Reviewed February 22, 2016

We love our room. We always get the same room and it is clean and comfortable. Jason always makes sure that we are happy with our reservation and time spent there. He is very accomodating to me and my boyfriend.

Room tip: Always ask for Jason. He is so helpful and accomodating. Nick is very nice too !!
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
1  Thank Connie S
Reviewed February 14, 2016 via mobile

Moved 3 times. Plugged up sink..first 2 rooms. No heat in the first room. Maintenance called 2x. The grand daddy was the plugged up tub after the shower. Then after the tub being plunged the remains of the past came up. Seeking a refund after this trip

Date of stay: February 2016
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
3  Thank horseman12839
Reviewed February 10, 2016

About six months ago and the year before that I stayed a couple of days here with my wife. For the price that we paid I believe it was 65.00 per night, this was an excellent spot. Some of the great things about this place was that the rooms were clean and the people at the front desk in general were kind and helpful. However during my last stay, I had one thing that was negative to say, and that was the vending machines were out of order and I did lose a couple of bucks in the machine. The one person that was covering the desk was not willing to refund my money. He said that the vending machines were not owned by the hotel and the hotel was not responsible. I can understand that but what I could not understand is that they didn't have signs on the machines to inform the visitors. There was one little sign at the end of the counter that said that the vending machines were not working. My problem with this is that the sign should of been on the machine and not at the end of the counter where some people may not see it. There was a young lady that gladly refunded my money back the following day at check-out time.

Would I go back to this hotel? Yes, I would but there are some improvements that they need to make and one is do something about the windows that are stained. If they fixed that the view would much better.

Date of stay: August 2015