“Average Hotel”

Travelodge Absecon Atlantic City
Ranked #7 of 25 Hotels in Absecon
Reviewed September 13, 2013

We stayed for a few nights on Fourth of July weekend and had a posative experience. The staff was friendly and checked us in very quickly, even with the large holiday crowd. This hotel is a quick and very easy 10 minute drive straight down the road to the boardwalk. It is also easy to get to from the AC or Garden state expressways. Our room was perfectly cleaned and renovated recently. The bed was very comfortable. Parking was never an issue even with the holiday weekend. The breakfast was average, comparable to other hotels in this star range. I would easily recommend or stay at this hotel again.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank LCFTAK
There are newer reviews for Travelodge Absecon Atlantic City

Reviewed August 31, 2013

Although the hotel looks older on the outside, it seems to have had new renovations done recently . For the price and location of the hotel, it highly exceeded my expectations. The staff was friendly and professional. Our room was spacious, comfortable, had a nice view and was very clean. We also had a mini-fridge, which we did not expect and was very convenient. We were ten minutes away from Brigantine Beach, free shuttle to AC and a free continental breakfast each morning. We also appreciated the 'late' check-out time (noon) compared to other hotels in the area.

My boyfriend and I were looking for a quiet, clean place that was close to everything and affordable at the same time. While we weren't expecting much, we were more than happy with our stay! We had a very nice time, were able to have a relaxing and fun mini-vacation and did not feel bothered by the staff or other guests at any point during our stay. I've paid twice the price for a night in more expensive hotels in Atlantic City and had more problems with unfriendly staff and disturbances than we experienced at the Comfort Inn. More than happy with our stay and we will be coming back the next time we are looking to get away for a couple nights and still experience all the fun in the AC area!

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
4  Thank Anna B
Reviewed August 31, 2013

This hotel was in a great location and the staff was nice. But, the hotel and the room really really needs a GOOD CLEANING. The carpet in the room was so dirty. The furniture wad damaged. I will not come back until the owners clean the entire hotel.

• Stayed: August 2013
2  Thank Knymck
Reviewed August 24, 2013

Room #217. As you open the door ,you run back out from the odor ,carpet stained . the electric outlet without cover. and the couch is stained and old ,even the room door frame paint is peeling. Believe me that hotel needs major update and remodeling

Room Tip: Do not stay on second floor
2  Thank yas11han6
Reviewed August 20, 2013

The 5 times I have gone to AC I have stayed at the Taj, Showboat, AC Club & Casino, Bally's Claridge Tower, Trump Plaza and Revel. This visit I could not bring myself to pay their prices as they were higher than I was accustomed to mid-week. I was really scared to stay at this hotel with less stars but of all the hotels I read reviews for, this hotel's reviews were the ones that made me the least uneasy. It was a very pleasant surprise...the renovation of 2012 made the place a comfortable, clean, not at all shabby place to stay. The breakfast room was large with plenty of variety. The staff called the minute I got to the room to make sure all was fine. I had arrived after reading reviews that the rooms smelled of smoke so my nose was on alert. I never smelled smoke during the entire stay and as I was on alert I did think the room smelled a little musty and told this to the front desk.The front desk clerk quickly came and sprayed the room and the room smelled fine from then on. I was traveling with my two young sons and felt the parking lot and hotel was safe as we arrived back to the hotel after 11 PM having spent the day at the beach and boardwalk. I parked at the Taj when we went to the beach and I probably felt safer getting in the car at the Taj late at night with the boys and staying at the Comfort Inn North than had we stayed at motel a few blocks off the boardwalk and had to walk there after dinner on the boardwalk. I will definitely keep this hotel in mind for future AC visits when the prices are high on the boardwalk. The only downside I can of this hotel is that they do not have a pool and an indoor pool at that to enjoy during cool weather visits to AC. It took me 12 minutes to drive to the Taj during the day and at night.

Room Tip: I did not pay extra for a view of AC but by the elevator one could see a nice view of AC lit up at n...
2  Thank Dorancito
Reviewed August 2, 2013

Hotel was affordable, close to Atlantic City, Free Shuttle to Atlantic City, rooms were nice. However the rooms were too small for a family of 5, our room key didn't work at first, our hotel door broke and wouldn't lock. The images on the website make the hotel look much better than it really is. It's a little out dated. Comfortable stay, friendly and nice staff.

2  Thank SouthhillsCritic
Reviewed August 2, 2013

nice hotel and only 5 mins away from everything. Shuttle bus takes you to casinos which are 3 mins away from boardwalk & steel pier. Breakfast was nice & stayed stocked it was a plus for me & my family. Stayed for 1 night it was reasonably priced. I would stay here again.NO POOL!

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank t m
Also consider these accommodations in or near Absecon
Red Roof Inn & Suites Atlantic City
Harrah's Resort Atlantic City
#5 of 49 in Atlantic City
Clarion Inn & Suites Atlantic City North
The Claridge - a Radisson Hotel

Been to Travelodge Absecon Atlantic City? Share your experiences!